The machine-dominated world of Horizon Zero Dawn isn’t easy to survive in, but the main character Aloy is the exception. One of her ways of thriving in such a dystopian world is to get her hands on the Shield Weaver. Wearing it can make Aloy temporarily invulnerable to harm.
To get the Shield Weaver, you must obtain all five Power Cells. Fortunately, their locations are well-known. Keep on reading to find out how to obtain all of them and get the Shield Weaver.
First, you have to go to a bunker in the Sacred Lands. This action will trigger the “Ancient Armory” quest. You can also pick up any Power Cell to start the quest.
Power Cell Locations
Here are the five Power Cell locations. We’ll also include instructions on what to do before getting them. You can pick up the Cells in any order.
First Power Cell
The first Power Cell is in the ruins Aloy fell into when she was little. These ruins are near Mother’s Watch. Here’s what to do next:
- Explore the ruins until you find a locked door.
- Pry it open with a spear.
- Destroy the stalactites blocking your way.
- Pick up the Power Cell on the table.
Second Power Cell
Next, you may head to All-Mother Mountain. If you just finished “The Proving” quest, you’ll end up here. This quest is before the main quest called “The Womb of the Mountain.”
These steps will help you find the Power Cell nearby.
- Don’t follow Teersa. Instead, exit the room where you get your equipment by going straight ahead.
- Find a locked red door.
- Turn to the left and crawl down the tunnel.
- The Power Cell will be in the room you emerge in after the crawl.
Third Power Cell
This Power Cell lies in the ruins of Maker’s End, and the identically named main quest will take you here. If you wish to obtain the Power Cell, the following instructions will suffice:
- Climb to Ted Faro’s office at the highest point of the ruins.
- Locate some yellow handholds that lead towards a skyscraper.
- Follow the handholds to the top and pick up the Power Cell.
- Rappel down and continue with the Maker’s End main quest if needed.
Fourth Power Cell
If you’re playing the “Grace-Hoard” main quest, you’re just in time to pick up this fourth Power Cell. Here’s how to get it:
- Restore power and open the Ancient Door.
- Enter the doorway and find a green diamond.
- Pick up the Power Cell and move onto the next part of the area.
This Power Cell is required to explore the facility further, which makes it impossible to miss.
Fifth Power Cell
To get the last Power Cell, you have to complete “The Mountain That Fell,” a quest in the game. Once you go to GAIA Prime, here’s what you must do:
- Head to the left of GAIA Prime’s rappel point.
- Move towards the cliff carefully.
- Use the hidden handholds and move to a hallway with purple lights.
- Go to the back of the hallway.
- Pick up the Power Cell on a shelf at the right
Getting the Shield Weaver
Head back to the bunker in the Sacred Lands. You’ll need two for opening the door while the remaining three are required later. Now, you need to solve some puzzles.
The first puzzle shows you the code to unlock the door, but they’re listed in military time. You must adjust the dials in the following way:
Enter the second room and use the last three cells. The next puzzle has to do with angles. Here’s the solution:
Once you complete both puzzles, you can obtain the Shield Weaver.
Hit Me All You Want
While you can start the “Ancient Armory” quest early on, it’ll take a while before you can get all five Power Cells. Thankfully, the puzzles aren’t much of a challenge. With the Shield Weaver, you can stay alive simply by tanking damage for a while.
Do you use the Shield Weaver often? How did you trigger the quest? Let us know in the comments section below.