Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart has a couple of bosses that players need to go through in order to progress into the game. Dr. Nefarious is one of them. However, since players meet him shortly after starting the game, he is considered a “tutorial” boss. Nevertheless, this isn’t the only time that you will get to meet this protagonist. So, to make things easy, below we will show you how to defeat Dr. Nefarious boss fight in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart.
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: How To Defeat Dr. Nefarious Boss Fight
So, the point is, that you get to fight this slippery boss two times. One time will be with Ratchet and the other one with . The first time around, Dr. Nefarious isn’t one of the sharpest tools in the shed, but the second time he’s pretty tough.
If you’re having trouble the first time around there are a couple of pointers which might help you:
- To dodge the lasers, press L > X > X. The game will prompt you when to do this.
- Focus on the Amoeboids and Toads when Dr. Nefarious send them. Eliminate them as quick as possible.
- Avoid lasers and projectiles at all costs.
However, if you’re having problems beating Dr. Nefarious the second time around, which is the most likely the case, then follow these pointers to defeat Dr. Nefarious boss fight in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart:
- Dodge as much as possible and fire as much as possible until you get Dr. Nefarious to at least eighty percent health. This is when he will open a portal and drag you with him. Here, avoid all obstacles!
- Again, for this second phase, dodge as much as possible, and when he takes a breather, attack!
- Take him down to at least 50%, at which point the boss will teleport again. At this point you will need to fight his pet dragon Grunthor. Just strafe, dodge, and shoot.
- Once you take down Grunthor, you get to battle Dr. Nefarious again. Take down the robots and minions as soon as he spawns them, and avoid projectiles as much as possible.
- Focus more on dodging instead of attacking.
Once he’s at 25%, he is on the last phase, and if you take him down, that’s it, no more teleporting here and there.