Welcome to the jam. MyNBA2k17 is ready to dunk all over you but we have you covered with this Tips and Tricks guide that let you reign supreme on the court.
How to play your Cards.
There are four different phases that you go through when playing a game, each one will use a different stat. Your team will alamost always be on the left side. Pay attention to this when picking your cards. Players with a bar over their stat have a bonus in that type of situation. The higher your overall stats vs your opponents will determine how many points you will acquire from each phase.
- Play making
Some cards can play out of position, but its in your best interest to match them up with their role and in some cases a card can play two different positions, which is really useful for specialization bonuses. Having your player in the correct position will give them not only the stat bonus but in season play it will allow them to play more games before needing energy.
Starting out you won’t have a well rounded team, so use defensive cards to boost stats during phases where you use weak cards to win the round or hopefully draw even. Since you don’t know what your opponent is going to play, its better safe to play a buff card than to take a huge point deficit.
Training your cards and adding Abilities
You might think you have the best player in the world but you can take that card even further by training it. Training it increases the base stats of your card, and they can go even higher if the card is turned into a Pro Player. But to really take your players over the top you need to enhance the player card with an ability card.
Abilities have a chance to activate during that players turn. There will be a percent meter above the card showing the likeliness of the ability triggering. The higher the rarity, the higher the chance of triggering the ability. Specialization by using the character in a game event that matches their specialization will increase it further.
Enhancements to a card are permanent! Cards rare or above will typically have one to two slots for enhancements. Pro cards will have a third slot. You will usually find enhancements in the Daily Picker. If a card has an enhancement and you turn it into a pro card, the card will retrain all of its previous enhancements. So it’s ideal to keep enhancement for cards you know you will not get rid of.
There are two types of currency in the game, one you’ll have to pay for and the other you can get by just playing the game. Using RP is a nice way to pick up some rare cards for fairly cheap. The best two options are the 2000 RP pack or the 55,000 RP pack. Its up to you on which you want, depending on how good or bad your current team is.
General Tips and Tricks
- MyPicker resets every 20 hours.
- Always watch Ads to get more 2x – 4x Draft Pick cards. Its a great way to fill out your roster with new cards of higher rarity or to be used as experience materials for your favorite players.
- If you decide to hold onto your currency and Win 10 games you will get a bonus 2000 RP
- Don’t like the teams you’re facing in quick play? Go to another menu then go back to the quick play menu and the teams will change. Use this to find weaker teams to get easy wins.
- Go into Ladder Rewards to learn about the objectives you can complete to unlock items and currency for your team.
- You need duplicates of a card to turn it into a Pro Player. Pro Player cards can get higher stats, more enhancement slots and increases specialization upgrades.
- Stats decrease when a player starts running out of energy.
- Try a round of Blacktop Challenge, it will give some good rewards if you manage to end in a decent spot. You have to play multiple games in a row! Each round will take up to 4 minutes to complete.