The Saints come marching (and blasting) in
Deep Silver and Volition have announced that the next entry in the popular Saints Row franchise is coming to consoles and PC on February 25th, 2022. But it’s not Saints Row 5…
Instead of a new numbered entry in the series, Volition has opted for a reboot (and for good reason.)
The new game will be set in a new city with a new cast of characters. The announcement comes with a CGI trailer introducing us to the new city and the new Saints that you’ll be building a criminal empire with next year.
We’ve got a lot more Saints Row coverage coming a little later today once the embargo runs its course, so come back soon to learn a lot more about the new Saints Row reboot. [Update: Here’s 17 Things We Learned About Saints Row.]
Saints Row releases February 25th, 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.
Saints Row (2022) Announcement Trailer
Saints Row 2022 Screenshots
Saints Row (2022) – The Story
Welcome to Santo Ileso, a vibrant fictional city in the heart of the American Southwest. In a world rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power, a group of young friends embark on their own criminal venture, as they rise to the top in their bid to become Self Made.
As the future Boss, with Neenah, Kevin, and Eli by your side, you’ll form The Saints – and take on Los Panteros, The Idols, and Marshall as you build your empire across the streets of Santo Ileso and battle for control of the city. Ultimately Saints Row is the story of a start-up company, it’s just that the business The Saints are in happens to be crime.
Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created; the unique sprawling world of Santo Ileso is the backdrop for a wild, larger than life sandbox of thrilling side hustles, criminal ventures and blockbuster missions, as you shoot, drive, and wingsuit your way to the top.
Express yourself and unleash your inner Saint, with the most advanced suite of customization tools yet seen in an open-world game – make your character, your car and your crew your own.
Dive into epic gunfights and highspeed chases, and witness outrageous only-in-Saints-Row moments in an original story that charts the Saints’ remarkable rise to power. Enjoy the freedom of playing the entire campaign with a friend through seamless untethered co-op play, where you can both push the limits of your gang and create your own gameplay moments together.
Saints Row (2022) Features
- Play through an action blockbuster original story full of criminality, extraordinary scenes and signature surprises laced with humor.
- Dive in to Santo Ileso, the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.
- Take over the city block by block, wage war against enemy factions and tighten your grip on the streets with ingenious criminal ventures.
- Shoot revolvers from the hip, fire and forget with a rocket launcher, or obliterate up close using melee heavyweights, complete with brutal takedowns. A vast variety of familiar and exotic weapons, all customizable, and all deadly fun.
- Blast through urban and desert environments in any one of the cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, VTOLs, hoverbikes, hoverboards, go-karts or equip your wingsuit to swoop around.
- Create the Boss of your dreams, with the most extensive character customization suite ever seen in the series, then complete the look with incredible options for weapons and vehicles.
- Experience everything on offer with a friend at any time, via fully untethered drop-in / drop out co-op, skipping the need to take either of you out of the outlandish action. Play nice together, or play all new pranks on your team mate. After all, who’s the Boss now.