The small update brings a big impact.
Riot Games released VALORANT’s newest Controller Agent, Harbor, a few weeks ago. Since then, players have either been busy trying to unlock him or are exploring the possibilities that Harbor brings to the table. The latter inevitably led to a few users discovering some bugs with some of the new Agent’s abilities.
Harbor isn’t the only one getting bug fixes for this patch, as Skye, Yoru, Fade, and a few other Agents also receive much-needed bug fixes that should help make gameplay more seamless and consistent.
Here are the full Patch 5.09 notes.
VALORANT Patch 5.09
Patch 5.09 at a glance:
- Patch 5.09 addresses Harbor’s entire ability set as each one has exhibited bugs that could affect player experience.
- Skye’s Seekers get a nice polish as Riot Games improves on its homing capabilities and its ability to navigate around objects. Riot Games also fixed a bug with Skye’s Seekers and how they interact with intangible targets.
- Meanwhile, an exploit with Yoru’s Dimensional Drift and its ability to bypass being detained by abilities such as Killjoy’s lockdown has been fixed.
- Riot Games fixes Fade’s Haunt and Seize and how these two abilities interact with Suppression.
- Reyna’s auto-heal while Suppressed gets fixed.
- Sage’s Barrier will no longer break when walling next to corners.
VALORANT Patch 5.09 Notes
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes disappear when looking away from it.
- Fixed a bug where walking through Harbor’s Cove barrier was not blinding players at the intended distance.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s High Tide would have large gaps when cast in specific map locations.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Reckoning’s geysers would not spawn in the area where the player was standing.
- Improvements to Skye’s Seekers so that they more reliably and efficiently reach their target.
- Small changes were made to how Skye’s Seekers navigate around obstacles after they’ve visually acquired their target.
- If the target is intangible when the Seekers reach them, it will not debuff them. This includes Reyna while she is Dismissed and Yoru in Dimensional Drift.
- Fixed an issue where Yoru would still enter his stealth and intangible state if he was detained while casting Dimensional Drift. The detain now properly interrupts the cast.
- Fixed an issue where Fade could activate her Haunt and Seize projectiles to make the drop while she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Reyna would auto-heal after a kill while in Empress even though she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Sage could instantly break her Barrier by walling herself into a corner.
All Patched Up
Bugs and other glitches are inevitable in an ever-changing game such as VALORANT, the key is to quickly spot and address these issues before they lead to unfair advantages in Ranked matches or start breaking the game entirely.
Fortunately, Riot Games always seems to be one step ahead in spotting and fixing bugs in VALORANT, as evidenced by how quickly they addressed the issues with Harbor’s and a few other Agents’ abilities.
You can read the full VALORANT Patch 5.09 notes here.