A familiar recon specialist has entered the Apex games on mobile.
Apex Legends’ new season titled “Hyperbeat” features a familiar Legend in Crypto, a new point of interest in Kings Canyon, VIP Supply Bins updates, Ranked Updates, and a whole new Battle Pass with skins for Lifeline, Mirage, Pathfinder, and more.
We go over everything you need to know about Season 2.5 for Apex Legends Mobile in this article.
Surveillance Expert Crypto
Apex Legends fans on the PC and console will celebrate the arrival of a familiar recon specialist as he finally makes his way to the mobile version of Apex Legends – Crypto is the 13th member of the Apex Legends Mobile roster.
Apex Legends fans will be very familiar with Crypto’s abilities, as they are more or less the same with the PC and console versions of the game. But, to make things more interesting, Apex Legends Mobile’s Crypto will have a full suite of Legend Perks that will enhance each of his abilities and give the recon specialist a few buffs when using abilities out on the field.
It will be interesting to see how Crypto’s Passive, Tactical, and Ultimate abilities work in a mobile environment, and we bet you can’t wait to get your hands on the newest addition to the Apex Legends Mobile roster.
Passive Ability: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
It is worth noting that the devs have made a quality of life change with Crypto’s drone for Apex Legends Mobile, where Crypto’s drone will automatically follow Crypto and track enemies for periods of time.
Crypto Legend Perks
- Shut Down– The Ultimate Ability deals damage but will not reduce a character’s Health to below 1.
- Battle Adaptation – Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Self Destruct – The Drone will explode 3 seconds after being destroyed, slowing nearby enemies while dealing a small amount of damage to them.
Crypto Finisher Perks
- Salvage Operation– Drones can pick up items on the ground and deliver them back to Crypto
- Restart – After using Finisher, if the Drone is on cooldown, its cooldown will be reset instantly, and if not, Ultimate Ability gains 30% Energy.
- System Scan – When a Drone’s scout effect focuses on a character for more than 3 seconds, the character’s health and Armor will be displayed.
Crypto Ability Perks
- Lag Bomb – The Drone gains a new Ability that fires an EMP bomb forward, slowing enemies within the bomb’s blast radius while dealing a small amount of damage to them.
- Interrogator – Using your Finisher reveals the location of your enemy’s Squad on the mini-map.
- Hide User – When Crypto uses the Drone, he becomes semi-cloaked.
A new point of interest has been added to King Canyon in this update as well. The Pythas theater at Airbase looks like a rave show courtesy of another Legend in Rhapsody. The place looks very lively and concert-like, which means players can expect to hear blaring music in this area.
In addition, a new set of VIP Supply Bins can be found around Kings Canyon. These VIP Supply Bins contain a VIP pass that lets you open and access VIP crates that contain valuable loot and supplies, some of which can be found in Pythas theater.
For Season 2.5, Ranked mode will feature a new ranked split and players will have their ranks reset. New Ranked Rewards await players who manage to reach the higher Ranks in Apex Legends Mobile, giving players something to aim for in the current Season.
Battle Pass Rewards & Rhapsody’s Underground
Most of you are probably excited to see what the new Battle Pass has to offer. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
For Hyperbeat, you can expect to get new skins for Lifeline, Mirage, Pathfinder, and a few other weapons as well from the new Battle Pass. Of course, the usual Apex Packs, banners, and other in-game cosmetics are up for grabs as well.
The skin drops don’t stop with the Battle Pass, as Rhapsody has set up her own skin store with Rhapsody/party-themed aesthetic for other Legends such as Fade, Crypto, Lifeline, and many more in the Store Vault.
For Hyperbeat, Respawn Entertainment has added a new mechanic that will increase your chances of getting Eternal cosmetic items from the Store Vault. The mechanics are pretty simple – acquire more items from the Store Vault to increase the drop rates for the other Eternal cosmetic items in the pool.
Bugs & Optimization
- Optimized the volume of Rhapsody’s tactical and ultimate abilities to reduce interference to squadmates.
- Fixed an issue where Rhapsody’s Legend selection VO would not play properly.
- Fixed an issue where Gibraltar’s Dome Shield would persist if affected by Fade’s Ultimate ability.
- Fixed an issue where Loba’s Black Market would not be destroyed by Airdrop supply bins or Replicator Drops.
- Fixed an issue where Loba’s Black Market would leave residual VFX after disappearing.
- Hack mode adjustment: ADS beam color changed from blue to red.
- Optimzed minor zipline interactions.
- Optimized terrain collision including climbing actions and other movements on box-shaped terrain.
- Fixed several forbidden zone issues on Kings Canyon.
- Fixed several areas with unclimbable terrain on Kings Canyon.
- Fixed several areas of the map causing movement issues that caused players to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue that enabled Loba to access out-of-bounds areas with her bracelet.
- Fixed some out-of-bounds areas that players were able to access.
- Anti-cheat improvements.
- Improved emulator bypass detection.
- Optimized the in-game messaging violation detection algorithm.
- Added sanction strategy for teaming behaviors with cheaters.
- Fixed some special characters not visible in-game.
- Many other fixes and improvements.
It’s Party Time!
Crypto should fit in nicely with the rest of the Apex Legends Mobile roster. His recon-centric abilities can make quick work of traps and enemy squads in hiding to help his team confidently cross contested grounds on the map.
On the other hand, the changes to Kings Canyon, the new Battle Pass & Store Vault should keep most players busy and content until the full-feature update drops next month.
Visit the PlayerAssist website for more Gaming Guides, Gaming News, Game Codes, and other Gaming Content!