All you need to know about Apex Legends Season 14.
Apex Legends Season 14 has landed, and fans will be in for a treat, as the new patch brings not just the latest addition to the Apex Legends roster in Vantage but a slew of changes that fans can truly celebrate.
New for Season 14 is an updated Kings Canyon, which now comes with a new POI, Battle Pass changes, and weapon balance changes to freshen things up.
New Legend – Vantage
Vantage is the newest Legend to be added to the Apex Legends roster. The recon specialist comes with powerful abilities that can help her take down enemies from afar.
Passive: Spotter’s Lens
Aim down sights to scout with your eyepiece (unarmed or with mid-long range scopes) and use a bullet drop indicator to see where your shots will land.
Tactical: Echo Location
Position your winged companion Echo and then Launch towards him. Must have line of sight to Echo for Launch.
Ultimate: Sniper’s Mark
Use your custom sniper rifle to mark enemy targets which apply a damage bonus for you and your team.
If you’re interested to know how Vantage’s abilities work, head over to our Vantage Abilities Overview where we discuss potential use cases for Vantage’s kit.
Kings Canyon Update
For Season 14, Kings Canyon has received a general overhaul to one of its POIs. Namely, Skill Town and Thunderdome are replaced by a new POI called “Relic.”
If you’ve been following the Apex Legends lore lately, you will know that Loba caused a massive explosion around the area, causing Skull Town and Thunderdome to sink.
Syndicate wasted no time getting the area up and ready for the upcoming Apex Games, which means you can expect changes to iconic spots such as The Cage (which now has less cover,) and Hillside Containment (now more open and has reduced overall cover.)
In addition, a number of connecting lanes have been moved around to force players to commit to their rotations around Kings Canyon. (Destroyed Bridges and Marketplace/River)
Level Cap Increase
Running out of Apex Packs? Worry not! Respawn Entertainment has added three additional tiers of 500 levels, moving the max level cap to Level 500 at Tier 3.
The best part? You can get up to 345 more Apex Packs by leveling up through these additional levels and tiers in-game, which bumps up the total Apex Packs you can earn by leveling up to 544. Neat!
More Battle Pass Leveling Options
If you bought the Battle Pass in previous seasons of Apex Legends, you know that you can only level up your Battle Pass in Battle Royale modes. Not anymore.
Season 14 finally gives players the ability to complete some Battle Pass challenges in both Battle Royale and non-Battle Royale game modes, which should make leveling up through the Battle Pass much quicker and arguably more enjoyable.
- New attachment to replace barrels for SMGs and Pistols.
- Reduced hipfire spread.
- Wingman returns to the floor.
- CAR SMG returns to the floor.
- Devotion LMG enters the crafter.
- RE-45 + Hammerpoint combo enters the crafter.
Gold Weapon Rotation
- Longbow DMR, G7 Scout, Mozambique, R-99, Hemlok.
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Recoil improvements.
- Now takes stocks.
- Removed 1 pellet from blast pattern.
- Fire rate increased to 2.3 from 2.0
- Pellet damage increased to 7 from 6.
- Bolt rate of fire bonuses increased.
- White: 1.1 >>> 1.1.
- Blue 1.15 to 1.2.
- Purple 1.2 to 1.3.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage at full draw increased to 70 from 60.
- Tempo draw speed increased to 0.38 from 0.32.
- Shattercaps pellet damage increased to 12 from 11.
- Fired arrows can no linger be collected.
- Arrows spawns have been removed from the floor.
- Damage increased to 28 from 26.
- Rampage comes with a Thermite Grenade.
- Damage reduced to 15 from 17.
- No longer takes barrel attachments.
- Damage reduced to 34 from 36.
- Headshot multiplier reduced to 1.75 from 2.0.
- Double Tap hop-up burst fire delay increased to 0.4 from 0.375.
- Increased projectile speed.
- Increased number of shots before overheat at base to 24 from 20.
- Removed bright red flash when hitting non-armored targets.
- Increased ironsight FOV to 70 to be consistent with other pistols.
- Increased strafe speed by 5% to be consistent with other pistols.
- Wingman now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
- Sniper ammo inventory stack increased to 28 from 24.
- Sniper ammo boxes now contain 14 rounds instead of 12.
- Recoil adjustments to increase vertical barrel climb.
- Spitfire now uses light ammo and magazines.
- Dual Loader has been worked into the base 30-30 Repeater.
- Now takes Skillpiercer Rifling.
- Projectile growth reduced.
- Base fire rate reduced to 1.1 from 1.2.
- Dual Loader removed.
- Deadeye’s Tempo has been worked into the base Sentinel.
- Double Tap
- Adds burst fire mode to EVA-8 and G7 Scout.
- 35% headshot damage increase on Longbow, Wingman and 30-30 Repeater.
- Removed Deadeye’s Tempo & Shatter Caps from floor loot.
- Boosted Loader has been reduced to Epic quality from Legendary.
Backpack Gold Perk
- New Perk: Deep Pockets.
- Deep Pockets: Large medical supplies stacks higher in your inventory.
- Batteries and Medkits now stack to 3 in inventory.
- Phoenix Kits now stack to 2 in inventory.
Knockdown Shield Gold Perk
- New Perk: Guardian Angel (Previous Backpack Perk)
- Self Revive removed from the game.
- Reduced stick damage on armor to 10 from 40.
- Removed aim slow on stick, remains on detonation.
- Detonation damage increased to 75 from 70.
- Added Blue attachments to possible spawns.
- Added Laser Sights to the pool.
- Reduced spawn rate of gold magazines.
- VTOL Jets
- Acceleration on activation decreased by about 8%.
- Fuel consumption on activation increased by 33%.
- Aerial boosting & strafing take 20% debuff when hit by slowing effects.
- Added a third orange state to the fuel meter UI between green (>60%) and red (<30%)
- Missle Swarm
- Aim/turn slow removed.
- Move slow duration decreased from 2.5s >>> 2.0s.
- Reduced the explosion radius from 175 >>> 125.
- Skyward Dive
- Height reduction of 25%.
- Launch time reduced from 5.5s >>> 5.0s. Coupled with the height reduction, players in Valk ult now travel upward at a slightly slower speed.
- Black Hole: Adjustments to N.E.W.T’s hitbox to make destroying it more reliable.
- Black Hole: N.E.W.T. takes 50% more damage from explosives.
- Improvements to Perimeter Security placement system.
- Retrieve the Wounded:
- Increased move speed during revive by 25%.
- Reduced turn slow while reviving by 50%.
- Increased White Knockdown shield health from 150 >>> 200.
- Increased Blue Knockdown shield health from 250 >>> 300.
- Mobile Shield:
- Increased HP from 350 >>> 500
- Doubled max movement speed.
- Castle Wall:
- Added turn slow to electrical barrier effects and increased the severity of the slow effect to movement.
- Riot Drill:
- Projectile Launch Speed doubled.
- Wrecking Ball:
- Will travel twice as far while dropping the same amount of magnets.
- Duration increased from 5s >>> 10s.
- Magnet Spawn delay increased from 0.4s >>> 0.8s.
- Wrecking Ball will deal damage to enemy placeable objects: Black Market, Castle Walls, Exhibit, Death Totem, Mobile Shield, Black Hole Amped Cover, and Gas Barrels. It will also destroy Gibraltar’s Dome of Protection.
- Fixed Wrecking Ball not blinding and slowing enemies.
- Now ignores friendly collision on Amped Cover placement (i.e. placing walls around teammates will feel more smooth.)
- Fixed gas ramping bug where transitioning from friendly to enemy gas would initially damage for more than intended.
- Mirage Decoys will now be scanned by Valk when skydiving.
- Mirage Decoys will now be picked up by Seer’s Heart Seeker.
- Fixed a bug where Mirage Decoys were picked up by Seer’s Exhibit as AI and not players.
- Death Totem will now show a placement preview when activated instead of placing immediately.
- Team-Use Harvesters: when any player interacts with a Materials Harvester, all players in their team will be given the Materials.
- Removed Shatter Rounds from crafting.
- Removed Hammerpoints from base crafting and Added to RE-45 Weapon Craft.
- Heavy, Energy, and Sniper mag price increased from 35 to 25.
- Laser Sight added to crafting: 25 materials.
- Stock and Barrel price reduced to 25 from 35.
- Added Skullpiercer Rifling Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Double Tap Trigger Hop-Up to crafting.
- Added Kinetic Feeder Hop-Up to crafting
- Increased Shotgun Bolt price from to 30 from 25.
- Reduced 2-4x ACOG optic price to 30 from 35.
For Season 14, Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Storm point are the maps available for public matches.
All Battle Royale Maps
- Replicators and Crafting Materials have been rebalanced across the maps.
- Ring Adjustments:
- Ring 1 Damage increase from 2 to 3hp/tick (equivalent to Ring 2)
- Ring 1 Preshrink Time decreased from 180s to 60s.
- Ring 1 Closing Time:
- Kings Canyon – 4:10 >>> 4:32
- World’s Edge – 3:42 >>> 4:32
- Storm Point – 4:15 >>> 4:35
- Olympus – 4:10 >>> 4:32
- Removed some frustrating final rings at Staging that were causing heal-offs.
- Fragment East Loot buffed from Low Tier to Medium.
- Added OOB to west rocks at Lava Siphon.
Quality of Life Updates
- New Mode/ Map name UI element on load screen and start flow.
- “Winning” and “Champion” tags added to the scoreboard.
- Added ability to use “tap” interact prompts when they conflict with “hold” (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on controller.)
- Added flourish to the crafting materials in the top right of the HUD when they increase.
- Added a flourish to items if they become craftable while in the crafting station UI.
- Added accessibility switch for turning on and off TTS (Text-to-speech), defaulting to what your console or system has it set to.
- When dropping from the dropship, the location of the POI player lands in is now displayed.
- Hipfire reticles now change size based on the FOV.
- Fixed bug where canceling a Lifeline revive would cancel it for other teammates also being revived by Lifeline.
- Fixed bug where players could not deal melee damage to Caustic Gas Barrels or Octanes Jump Pads
- Fix for issue where the buy menu would close each time a teammate completes a purchase/and or closes the buy menu.
- Crypto’s Ultimate now destroys Wattson’s Pylon.
- Fix for issue where Cypto’s heirloom animation audio would play globally when using a survey beacon.
- Fix for an issue where players could sometimes get stuck while crouched between a Replicator and Black Market after crafting.
- Fixed bug where players could not unlock the “Fully Kitted” badge.
- Fix for issues for Legends losing functionality like meleeing, using an ability, etc, while mantling.
- Fix for bug where players could not switch ammo types for the C.A.R. SMG.
- Newcastle – fix for an issue where Newcastle could get stuck in their Ultimate animation while riding a zipline.
- Newcastle – fixed bug where throwables placed on a Mobile Shield would start floating after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Newcastle – fix for cases where players wouldn’t take damage from ordnance or activate Caustic’s barrels when positioned between a Tactical Shield and its drone.
- Newcastle – fix for bug where throwable abilities placed on a Mobile Shield could float away after the Mobile Shield disappears.
- Wraith – fix for bug where Wraith would still take damage in the Ring while phasing.
- Fix for a reload bug with the Mastiff and 30-30 Repeater where players could not ADS until reloading animation was finished.
- Fixed bug where Cypto’s melee animations wouldn’t show his heirloom while in third person.
- Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some stuttering and framerate spikes on consoles, especially PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
- Fix for bug where the Dropship would sometimes spawn players outside the ship.
- Fixed a bug where Heat Shields would disappear when placed under a respawn beacon, or mobile respawn beacon, and then the beacon was used.
- Fixed a bug where Pathfinder’s zipline would be destroyed if placed on top of a respawn beacon and then the beacon was used.
- Fix for cases when a Heat Shield could disappear when set under a Respawn Beacon that is activated.
- Fix for a bug where Mirage decoys would not show up on scans for a few Legends.