Learn how to drain your car’s oil in Car Mechanic Simulator.
You will encounter Oil Change job orders in Car Mechanic Simulator fairly regularly, so it is important to know how to drain the old oil from cars so you can top it up with fresh new oil afterward. This quick guide will show you how to drain oil in Car Mechanic Simulator.
How to Drain Oil in Car Mechanic Simulator
You will find Oil Changes a regular maintenance item in many Story Missions, so knowing how to drain a car’s oil in Car Mechanic Simulator is important as you cannot complete oil change jobs without draining the old oil from the car’s engine first.
Unlike draining fluids such as power steering, coolant, and brake fluid, you cannot drain the oil without raising your car on the lift and using a special drain tool to get the old oil out of the engine.
- Move your car to the Car Lift.
2. Raise the car fully on the Car Lift.
3. Locate the Oil Drain Tool.
4. Select the Oil Drain Tool and choose the Move Equipment option. Move it to the Car Lift (make sure the car is raised on the lift first, or you will not be able to move the Oil Drain Tool to your chosen location)
4. With the Oil Drain Tool now under the car, select it and choose “Use Equipment.”
5. After all the old oil is drained from the car, choose the Oil Drain Tool again and move it back to its original place.
How to Add Oil in Car Mechanic Simulator
After successfully draining all the old oil from your car, you need to lower the car back to the ground to access the engine bay. After which, you must locate the Oil Fill Plug to add new oil to the engine.
- Lower the car back to the ground.
2. Open the hood.
3. Choose the engine to focus on it.
4. Locate the Oil Fill Plug (typically found on the very top of the engine)
5. Take off the Oil Fill Plug.
6. Press and hold the “Add Fluid” button to add new oil to the engine. Fill the engine with oil until it is full.
How to Drain Other Fluids in Car Mechanic Simulator?
Draining fluids other than engine oil will require a different tool in Car Mechanic Simulator. For other fluid drain jobs, you must use the Drain Tool in the Pie Menu. Here’s how to use it.
- Locate the fluid reservoir you want to drain. For this example, we will drain the Power Steering Fluid.
2. While focusing on the Brake Fluid Reservoir, bring up the Pie Menu then select Additional Tools.
3. Choose “Drain Tool”.
4. Select and hold the Brake Fluid Reservoir Cap.
5. The game will automatically use the Drain Tool to drain all the fluid from the reservoir.
You can use the same process for the Wiper Fluid, Brake Fluid, and Coolant.
Draining engine oil is fairly simple in Car Mechanic Simulator despite requiring a few more steps than other fluid drain jobs. Just remember to move the car onto the lift and raise the lift fully so you can move the Oil Drain Tool underneath the lift. After that, all you have to do is use the Oil Drain Tool to get all the old oil out and then lower the car back to the ground so you can add the new oil in.