Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in the Hisui region, modern-day Sinnoh, you can join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui Region Pokemon to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
The Galaxy Team will task the player to do missions in the game. Various people will also ask for help from the player in the form of requests. One of these requests is Request 82, titled ‘Traces of a Lost Village.’ This guide will teach you how to complete the ‘Traces of a Lost Village’ request.
Traces of a Lost Village
To unlock this request, the player must first unlock the Hisuian Braviary as a rideable Pokemon which is part of the ‘The Slumbering Lord of the Tundra’ Mission, the twelfth mission in the game where the player must quell a frenzied Noble Hisuian Avalugg.
After doing the requirements mentioned above, you can now start this request! To do that, head to the basement of the Galaxy Hall in Jubilife Village, and there you will find a man named Mani, a member of the Gingko Guild. Talk to Mani, and he will tell the player that his family they have always passed down tales of some ancestor that lived in a village around the Avalanche Slopes in the Alabaster Icelands.
Still, he has never been able to find proof of that settlement ever-existing, and he is now beginning to doubt if the tales are true. However, Mani will then say that everyone wants to know about where they come from, so he will ask the player to find any evidence that people lived in the Avalanche Slopes in the Alabaster Icelands. Then, the ‘Traces of a Lost Village’ Request started just like that!
To complete this request, the player must find evidence of a village in Avalanche Slopes in the Alabaster Icelands. To complete the ‘Traces of a Lost Village’ request, this is what Link must do:
- First, head out of the Galaxy Hall, go to the Front Gate of Jubilife Village (which is in the northeast of the village), and head to the Alabaster Icelands.
- Upon arriving in the Alabaster Icelands, head to the north of Avalanche Slopes (or west of Arena’s Approach), which is in the western part of the map of the Alabaster Icelands. To help you find it better, make sure to turn on guidance for the request by pressing the – button, press the Y button to open the Missions & Requests, press the R button to switch to the Requests tab, select the “Traces of a Lost Village” Request, and press the A button.
- After arriving in the area, the player will see two Snorunts near some flowers. Approach the Snorunts, and a cutscene will play where the two Snorunts are checking out something in the flowers but will notice the player so that they will run away. One of the Snorunts will come back in the frame, look at the glowing thing in the flowers, look back at the player, and run away again. The player will then go near the glowing thing in the flowers and obtain a Torn Journal! The player will then read the journal entry.
- After that, head to the west of the area (refer to the quest marker for better guidance), and at the top of the hill, the player will find the two Snorunts again.
- Approach the two Snorunts, and another cutscene will play where the two Snorunts will run away and suddenly scream as if calling something. Then, the screen will fade to black, and when it fades back, a Froslass will appear (the Pokemon referred to in the journal entry)!
- Next, the player must now defeat the Froslass! Froslass is an Ice and Ghost-type Pokemon which means it has a weakness to Dark-type, Fire-type, Ghost-type, Rock-type, and Steel-type moves (super effective), a resistance to Bug-type, Ice-type, and Poison-type moves (not very effective), and immunity to Fighting-type and Normal-type moves (no effect).
- After defeating the Froslass, the player will notice that the Froslass seems to have dropped something. The player will look closely and see that it is a bundle of pages without any cover, which looks like it would fit into the gap in the journal that the player found earlier. The player has now obtained an Old Journal! The Old Journal details the writer’s life in the village, which seems like it was in the Alabaster Icelands. The player will continue to read the journal entries.
- Next, go to one of the Base Camps in the Alabaster Icelands, talk to Professor Laventon, report your findings, and return to Jubilife Village.
- Then, head back to Mani, still in the basement of the Galaxy Hall, and talk to him. Mani will ask the player for any evidence of the village in Avalanche Slopes. The screen will then fade to black, and the player will try to look for the journal they picked up earlier and put in their satchel but can’t find it. Mani will then be surprised that the player found an old journal from a Pokemon, no less, and that now it has disappeared. He will then ask the player what it says to which the player will oblige. Mani will then say that it lines up with the stories about the stories he heard from his old gran. Mani will then be happy that his ancestors did come from a village that once existed in the Avalanche Slopes in the Alabaster Icelands, as he has wondered if he could believe the stories for so long.
- Finally, the request is completed, and Mani will reward the player with one Dawn Stone for your efforts!
Now that you have completed the ‘Traces of a Lost Village’ Request, you can now try to complete other requests, complete missions, or complete Arceus’ task for you, which is to catch ’em all!