Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in Hisui, modern-day Sinnoh, you will join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui Pokemon species to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
In the game, certain Pokemon have special requirements for them to evolve. One of these Pokemon is Bonsly, and in this guide, you will learn how to evolve Bonsly into a Sudowoodo!
Bonsly into Sudowoodo
Sudowoodo is a Rock type of Bonsai Pokemon with a brown body that is shaped like a log with yellow spots, a branch shaped like the letter ‘Y’ on the top of its head, thin arms, green circles at the ends of its fingers, short legs, and feet with no toes. According to its Pokedex entry in the game, Sudowoodo’s tears can get sympathy from the people and Pokemon who see them. Still, Sudowoodo’s expulsion of body water is a physiological mechanism to keep itself in good health.
Sudowoodo can be found in the Crimson Mirelands (in the Cloudpool Ridge) and the Coronet Highlands (in Celestica Ruins). Sudowoodo can be found in this location at all times of the day and in every weather condition. Aside from that, Sudowoodo may also be found in Massive Mass Outbreaks in the Crimson Mirelands.
An alternative for catching a Sudowoodo is evolution. To do that, the player must evolve a Bonsly after learning to move Mimic. First, the player should know where to find a Bonsly.
The player can also find a Bonsly in the Crimson Mirelands (in the Cloudpool Ridge) and the Coronet Highlands (in Celestica Ruins). Bonsly can be found in these locations at all times of the day and in every weather condition. Aside from that, Bonsly can be found in Massive Mass Outbreaks in the Crimson Mirelands.
If you plan on distracting it with food before catching it, it is worth mentioning that Bonsly’s preferred foods are Crunchy Salts.
Suppose you plan on battling a Bonsly first before catching it. In that case, it is worth noting that Bonsly is a Rock-type Pokemon which means it has a weakness to Fighting-type, Grass-type, Ground-type, Steel type, and Water-type moves (super effective) and resistance to Fire-type, Flying-type, Normal-type, and Poison-type moves (not very effective).
Now that the player has caught a Bonsly, one of the methods to evolve a Bonsly to a Sudowoodo is by letting the Bonsly learn Mimic.
Mimic is a Normal type status move that copies the opposing Pokemon’s last move. The copied move can be used during battle until the Pokemon is switched out.
Bonsly will learn the move Mimic when Bonsly reaches Level 29. Players can level up Bonsly by battling with other Pokemon, Rare Candies, and Exp. Candies.
Once Bonsly has learned Mimic, the player should equip the move to the Pokemon’s move set. To do that, this is what the player must do:
- First, press the up-directional button to open the player’s Satchel.
- Then, select Bonsly in the player’s party on the right side of the Satchel.
- Next, on the prompt, select ‘Change moves.’
- After that, select Mimic on the unequipped moves on the left side, then select a move on Bonsly’s move set on the right side to replace Mimic with.
- Next, press the X button to confirm the change, then confirm on the prompt that you are happy with the new move set.
After that, Bonsly can now use Mimic in battle!
After catching a Bonsly and letting it learn Mimic, the player can now evolve a Bonsly into a Sudowoodo! To do that, this is what the player must do:
- If it is not already there, put the player’s Bonsly in the Player’s party by talking to the Galaxy Member near the tent on any of the Base Camps and selecting “I want to see my Pokemon” on the prompt or heading to the Pastures in the eastern part of Jubilife Village.
- Then, return to the game and press the up-directional button to open the player’s Satchel.
- Select the player’s Bonsly, which has a glowing Poke Ball beside its name, indicating that the Pokemon is ready to evolve. Select Evolve on the prompt, and confirm on the next prompt to evolve Bonsly; just like that, Bonsly will evolve into a Sudowoodo!
Now that the player has a Sudowoodo, the player can try to use the Sudowoodo to complete other requests, missions, or Arceus’ tasks for the player to catch ’em all!