Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in Hisui, modern-day Sinnoh, you will join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui Pokemon species to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
In the game, certain Pokemon have special requirements for them to evolve. One of these Pokemon is Mime Jr., and in this guide, you will learn how to evolve Mime Jr. into a Mr. Mime!
Mime Jr. into Mr. Mime
Mr. Mime is a Psychic and Fairy-type Barrier Pokemon that kind of looks like a human clown with a pink head, blue growths on the top sides of its head that look like extended clown hair, circles on its cheeks that are colored Magenta, curved jaw, round and white body with a circle in the middle, top right, top left, bottom right, and bottom left that are all colored magenta, arms and legs that are also colored pink, white knees, blue feet that look like shoes with curled tips, and white hands that look like gloves with magenta circles on each of the fingers. According to its Pokedex entry in the game, Mr. Mime’s behavior reminds people of pantomimes. Additionally, Mr. Mime creates invisible walls using a force that is emitted from Mr. Mime’s fingertips.
Mr. Mime can be found in Sandgem Flats in the Obsidian Fieldlands. Mr. Mime can be found in this location at all times of the day and in every weather condition. Aside from that, Mr. Mime may also be found in Massive Mass Outbreaks in the Obsidian Fieldlands and the Coronet Highlands.
An alternative for catching a Mr. Mime is through evolution. To do that, the player must evolve into a Mime Jr. after learning the move Mimic. First, the player should know where to find a Mime Jr.
The player can find a Mime Jr. in Sandgem Flats and the southeast of Horseshoe Plains in the Obsidian Fieldlands. Mime Jr. can be found in these locations at all times of the day and in every weather condition. Aside from that, Mime Jr. can be found in Massive Mass Outbreaks in the Obsidian Fieldlands and the Coronet Highlands.
If you plan on distracting it with food before catching it, it is worth mentioning that Mime Jr.’s preferred foods are Springy Mushrooms, Dazzling Honey, Hearty Grains, and Plump Beans.
Suppose you plan on battling a Mime Jr. first before catching it. In that case, it is worth noting that Mime Jr. is a Psychic and Fairy-type Pokemon which means it has a weakness to Ghost-type, Poison-type, and Steel-type moves (super effective), a resistance to Psychic-type and especially Fighting-type moves (not very effective), and an immunity to Dragon-type moves (no effect).
Now that the player has caught a Mime Jr., one of the methods to evolve a Mime Jr. to a Mr. Mime is by letting the Mime Jr. learn Mimic.
Mimic is a Normal type status move that copies the opposing Pokemon’s last move. The copied move can then be used during battle until the Pokemon is switched out.
Mime Jr. will learn the move Mimic when Mime Jr. reaches Level 25. Once Mime Jr. has learned Mimic, the player should then equip the move to the Pokemon’s move set. To do that, this is what the player must do:
- First, press the up-directional button to open the player’s Satchel.
- Then, select Mime Jr. in the player’s party on the Satchel’s right side.
- Next, on the prompt, select ‘Change moves.’
- After that, select Mimic on the unequipped moves on the left side, then select a move on Mime Jr.’s move set on the right side to replace Mimic with.
- Next, press the X button to confirm the change, then confirm on the prompt that you are happy with the new move set.
After that, Mime Jr. can now use Mimic in battle!
Finally, Mr. Mime!
After catching a Mime Jr. and letting it learn Mimic, the player can now evolve a Mime Jr. into a Mr. Mime! To do that, this is what the player must do:
- If it is not already there, put the player’s Mime Jr. in the Player’s party by talking to the Galaxy Member near the tent on any of the Base Camps and selecting “I want to see my Pokemon” on the prompt or heading to the Pastures in the eastern part of Jubilife Village.
- Then, return to the game and press the up-directional button to open the player’s Satchel.
- Select the player’s Mime Jr., which has a glowing Poke Ball beside its name, indicating that the Pokemon is ready to evolve. Select Evolve on the prompt, confirm on the next prompt to evolve Mime Jr., then just like that, Mime Jr. will evolve into a Mr. Mime!
Now that the player has a Mr. Mime, the player can try to use the Mr. Mime to complete other requests, missions, or Arceus’ task for the player, which is to catch ‘em all!