One of the unlockable armor sets in Ghost of Tsushima is the Ghost Armor. This set helps improve your stealthiness as you follow the story behind it. Before you get it, you’ll have to complete a story quest named “From the Darkness.”
If you’re not sure what that entails, you’re in luck. We’ll guide you through the steps so that you can prepare yourself accordingly every step of the way.
From the Darkness
The quest “From the Darkness” is part of Jin’s Journey, the main campaign. It takes place during Act 2: Retake Castle Shimura. By completing the quest, you’ll earn the Ghost Armor as a reward.
Here’s what the quest is like:
In this section, you’re allowed to test the Ghost Armor and its stealth capabilities.
- Talk to Yuna to receive the Ghost Armor.
- Infiltrate Castle Shimura’s first keep by grappling and climbing.
- After infiltrating the first keep, kill all Mongols within without raising alarms.
- Next, you must survey the Mongols’ defense.
- After the survey, you have to sneak through the Garden down the second floor and squeeze through a gap.
Poisoning the Mongols’ Fermented Milk
When you reach the Garden, you’ll have to go through this phase without raising the alarm. If you get discovered, you’ll have to restart from the previous checkpoint. Here’s what you must do:
- Kill the Mongol to your left near the half wall.
- Continue left and kill another Mongol near the yurt.
- Avoid detection from the guard in front of the yurt.
- Kill him near a pile of logs to prevent anyone from spotting his body.
- Find the first batch of fermented milk and poison it once the guard walks away.
- Do the same for the second batch.
The Khan and the Duel
These will be the last parts of the From the Darkness quest. Once you clear them, you only have some cutscenes to watch.
- After poisoning the milk, you’ll watch a cutscene.
- Next, you’ll head into the main keep and confront the Khan.
- Ryuzo will challenge you to a duel, and this will be your second time fighting him.
- Defeat Ryuzo and watch more cutscenes.
- Get the Ghost Armor.
After clearing the quest, the Ghost Armor is yours to keep permanently. You’ll find it helpful in the future, especially when you need to remain undetected for different quests.
Ghost Armor Effects
The Ghost Armor can do the following:
- Lower enemy detection speed up to 50%
- Reduce the kills needed to enter Ghost Stance
- Kills may terrify nearby enemies
The more you level the armor up, the better the stats become.
Silent Like a Phantom
The Ghost Armor makes you incredibly difficult to detect, and obtaining it is part of completing the game. If you’re a veteran of stealth games, you’ll find getting this armor a walk in the park. Terrifying enemies nearby can also become addicting.
How long did it take to get the Ghost Armor? What’s your favorite armor set in Ghost of Tsushima? Tell us in the comments section below.