Learn how to find Cornifer in the Queen’s Gardens in Hollow Knight!
Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, now a kingdom ruined by a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he encounters various characters that will help fully unravel the story in the game.
To fully explore and navigate through Hallownest, the Knight must have the maps for the different areas in the game. The Knight must purchase maps from the humming cartographer Cornifer to obtain them. Cornifer is working on mapping the entirety of Hallownest so he can be found in every area and sell the area’s map to the Knight.
This guide will teach you how to find Cornifer in the Queen’s Gardens!
Cornifer’s location in the Queen’s Gardens is at the top of a room on the eastern side of the Queen’s Gardens area.
In the Queen’s Gardens, the Knight encounters different enemies. However, the Knight will encounter these enemies on the way to Cornifer: Uomas, Oomas, Spiny Husks, and Mossflies.
Before the Knight can head to Queen’s Gardens and find Cornifer, it is required that the Knight has the Isma’s Tear ability, which allows the Knight to swim in pools of acid, the Mantis Claw ability, which allows the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them, and the Mothwing Cloak ability, which allows the Knight to perform a horizontal dash forward, or the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform a secondary jump in mid-air. With these abilities, reaching the Queen’s Gardens area and finding Cornifer will be no challenge.
To find Cornifer in the Queen’s Gardens, this is what the Knight must do:
- Starting from the Queen’s Station Stagway Bench, take the exit on the right, jump up the platforms, head to the top, and then take the exit on the left.
- The Knight has now arrived in Fog Canyon. In this room, the Knight will encounter a lot of Uomas and Oomas. Be careful when attacking Oomas; it will pop its shell, and its orange core will explode on the Knight. Head upwards by jumping on the platforms, sticking to the left side of the room while heading up, and taking the next exit on the left, which is in the middle of the room.
- Next, head to the left, where there is a pool of acid and a wall of thorns. Drop down on the pool of acid, swim to the left (thanks to Isma’s Tear ability) below the wall of thorns, and jump towards the next platform where there is a gate, and the room will be filled with vegetation. Continue heading to the left, jump up the platforms, and take the exit on the left.
- Then, upon entering the room, the Knight has arrived in the Queen’s Gardens! Head to the left, where the Knight will encounter a Spiny Husk, drop down a few platforms where the Knight will encounter a Mossfly, and continue heading to the left, where the Knight will encounter two Mossflies, a Spiny Husk and another separate Spiny Husk.
- As the Knight continues heading to the left, you will see that part of the floor is vines filled with thorns. Jump over the thorns with the help of the Monarch Wings or the Mothwing Cloak ability, head to the left where the Knight will see Cloth, and then take the exit on the left.
- After that, continue heading to the left, where the Knight will encounter a Mantis Petra, drop down on the gap on the left, then head downwards using the small dropping platforms (be careful not to fall to the bottom of the room where there are vines filled with thorns) where the Knight will encounter another Mantis Petra and another two Mossflies, then head for the exit on the bottom right of the room next to the vines with thorns.
- Next, head to the right, where there are several stable and dropping platforms with vines filled with thorns on the bottom. Upon getting to the middle of this part of the room, the path back and to continue will be closed, and the Knight must defeat the enemies in the room to open them. Here, the Knight will encounter three Mantis Petras.
- After defeating the Mantis Petras, head to the right where the path is now opened, jump across the gap where there will be a piece of paper on the floor which implies that Cornifer is around, head up the shaft on the right, then take the exit on the right.
- Then, drop down on the gap, head to the right, jump across the vines filled with thorns using the two dropping platforms, head to the right, and head up the shaft using the Mantis Claw ability.
- Finally, head to the left, and the Knight will find Cornifer!
Now that the Knight has found Cornifer, the Knight can purchase the map of the Queen’s Gardens for 150 Geo. After that, the Knight can better navigate the Queen’s Gardens area!