Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, which is now a kingdom ruined by a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he can unlock new abilities, spells, and charms that will help him traverse through different areas of Hallownest and defeat enemies.
In this guide, we will learn about the Dashmaster charm. In the game, special items give the Knight different abilities and bonuses called Charms. To equip or unequip these Charms, the Knight must be sitting on a Bench, and the Knight must have enough unused Notches to equip them.
One of the 45 Charms in the game is the Dashmaster Charm which requires and takes up only two Charm Notches. When equipped, the Dashmaster charm reduces the cooldown of the Mothwing Cloak ability, which allows the Knight to dash forwards by 33% and allows the Knight to dash downwards, which can also be helpful to dodge attacks.
With the Dashmaster charm, the Knight can perform dash some more, as its name suggests!
The Dashmaster charm can be found embedded on a statue at the very bottom of Fungal Wastes east of the Mantis Village.
The Knight will encounter various enemies in the Fungal Wastes and the Mantis Village. Still, the Knight will specifically encounter the following enemies on the way to the Dashmaster charm: Mantis Youths and Mantis Warriors. It is worth mentioning that it would be immensely easier to attempt to obtain the Dashmaster charm after defeating the Mantis Lords, the optional boss in the Mantis Village, as all the Mantis Youths and Mantis Warriors will become passive to the Knight and will only attack the Knight if they are attacked.
Before the Knight can find the Dashmaster charm, it is recommended that the Knight has the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform secondary jump mid-air, and the Mantis Claw ability, which enables the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them. With these abilities, obtaining the Dashmaster charm will be no challenge.
To find the Dashmaster charm in the Fungal Wastes area, this is what the Knight must do:
- Starting from the middle of the central area of the Mantis Village (the room where it says Mantis Village on the map), head to the right, where the Knight will encounter a Mantis Youth, head up the tall platform above the pool of acid using the Mantis Claw ability or the Monarch Wings ability, continue to the right, drop down the gap and jump to the next platform, continue to head right, then take the exit on the right.
- Upon entering the next room, the Knight will encounter a Mantis Warrior. Head to the right, where the Knight will encounter another Mantis Youth and drop down the gap. Head to the bottom of the shaft, head to the left, jump across the gap where there is another Mantis Warrior below, continue to the left, drop down the gap, and head on the path below using the small platform (watch out for the pool of acid), then take the exit on the bottom left. It is worth noting that there is a Bench on the opposite side of the exit, so you can sit on the Bench if you want to save your progress.
- Next, head to the left, drop down the gap on the left, drop down the right, drop down the gap on the left, continue heading to the left while also dropping down on the gaps, and head down using the small platforms.
- Then, head to the right and drop down the gaps to the bottom, then head to the left, where you will see a statue with something glowing at the bottom.
- Inspect the glowing thing; the Knight has now obtained the Dashmaster charm!
Other Charms go well with the Dashmaster charm, specifically the Sharp Shadow charm, which allows the Knight to deal damage to enemies when passing through them using the Shade Cloak ability and, if paired with the Dashmaster charm, the damage dealt by the Knight when passing through enemies is increased to 1.5x of the damage output of the Knight’s Nail. Still, it will not affect the charge or cooldown time of the ability, and the Sprintmaster charm increases the Knight’s running speed by up to 20%; if paired with the Dashmaster charm, the Knight’s movement speed will be increased some more by 39%.
Now that the Knight has the Dashmaster charm, the Knight can now equip it while sitting down on a Bench, and the Knight can now perform the dash ability some more and even dash downwards!