Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, which is now a kingdom in ruins because of a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he can obtain new items, abilities, spells, and charms that will help him traverse through different areas of Hallownest and defeat enemies.
An example of these items in the game is the Hallownest Seal. According to in-game lore, these items are the official symbols of the Pale King and the Five Great Knights. The symbol is also used as part of an aesthetic all around the kingdom of Hallownest. Hallownest Seals can be found in different areas throughout Hallownest, and in this guide, you will learn how to obtain the Hallownest Seal in the Soul Sanctum!
Soul Sanctum Hallownest Seal
One of the Hallownest Seals in the game can be found in the westernmost room of Soul Sanctum, right in the middle of the City of Tears.
On the way to the Hallownest Seal in the Soul Sanctum, the Knight will encounter enemies like Winged Sentries, Lance Sentries, Heavy Sentries, Follies, Mistakes, and Soul Twisters. The Knight will also meet the Soul Warrior, a mini-boss, and the Soul Master, the main boss, in the area.
To find the Hallownest Seal in the Soul Sanctum, it is recommended that the Knight should have the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform a double jump in mid-air, and the Mantis Claw ability, which enables the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them, and the Descending Dark spell, which allows the Knight to strike the ground with concentrated Soul and shadow. With these spells and abilities, obtaining the Hallownest Seal in the area will be easier.
To find the Hallownest Seal in the Soul Sanctum, this is what the Knight must do (the following steps assume that this is the player’s first time in the Soul Sanctum):
- Starting from the City Storerooms Stag Station (the Stag Station in the northwestern part of the City of Tears), take the exit on the left and below.
- The Knight will encounter Winged Sentries and Lance Sentries in this next room. Head to the bottom of the room and take the exit on the right.
- Next, continue heading to the right and take the exit on the rightmost part of the room.
- In this next room, you will find a Bench. Regain health and save your progress by sitting on the bench.
- Then, take the path on the left that leads downwards and take the exit at the bottom.
- Next, continue heading to the right, where the Knight will encounter a Heavy Sentry. Take the exit on the rightmost part of the room.
- After that, continue heading to the right and, on the rightmost part of the room, take the exit that leads upwards.
- The Knight has now arrived in the Soul Sanctum. Head to the right, then up the next platform, ride the elevator to go up, continue on the path on the left, then ride the next elevator up.
- After that, head to the right, and the Knight will encounter the Soul Warrior, which, as mentioned, is a mini-boss. While fighting the Soul Warrior, the path back and to continue will be closed, so the Knight must first defeat the Soul Warrior to continue. After defeating the Soul Warrior, continue and take the exit on the right.
- Next, head up the small platforms where the Knight will encounter a Soul Twister. Head to the top of the shaft, take the path on the right and down the path, hit the lever to open a shortcut, and ride the elevator on the right.
- Then, head to the left and up the next platform where the Knight will encounter a Mistake, head to the right and up the next platform where the Knight will encounter another Mistake, and take the exit on the left.
- After that, continue on the left and take the exit on the leftmost side of the room.
- Next, head to the left, head down, then head to the left again, and the Knight will face the Soul Master; the Knight must first defeat the Soul Master to continue. Halfway through the battle with the Soul Master, the Soul Master will break the glass on the ground, and the Knight and the Soul Master will continue the fight in this new arena. After defeating the Soul Master (and obtaining the Desolate Dive spell), take the exit on the left side of the room.
- Afterward, head to the left, where the Knight will encounter two Follies. Then, drop down on the gap where the Knight will face more Mistakes and Follies. On the floor of this room, you will see that part of it is glass which is breakable thanks to the Desolate Dive spell that was just obtained after defeating the Soul Master. Use the Desolate Dive spell on the glass floor, breaking through two more glass floors.
- Next, head back up on the platform directly above, and you will see something glowing. Finally, inspect the glowing thing, and the Knight has obtained a Hallownest Seal!
It is worth noting that the Knight can find two Soul Totems, a Geo Chest and a Grub, in the same room as the Hallownest Seal.
After obtaining the Hallownest Seals, the Knight can head to the west of the statue of the Hollow Knight in the City of Tears and find Relic Seeker Lemm, then sell the Hallownest Seals to him for 450 Geo each.