Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, a kingdom ruined by a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he can unlock new abilities, spells, and charms that help him traverse through different areas of Hallownest and defeat enemies.
In the game, special items give the Knight different abilities and bonuses called Charms. To equip or unequip these Charms, the Knight must be sitting on a Bench, and the Knight must have enough unused Notches to equip them. In this guide, we’ll learn about the Quick Focus charm.
One of the 45 Charms in the game is the Quick Focus Charm which requires and takes up three Charm Notches. When equipped, the Quick Focus charm allows the Knight to focus Soul about 33% faster (the charm, however, does not affect the startup time of focusing Soul). This charm can be useful to heal in situations that demand a lot of combat and give minimal time to heal. With the Quick Focus charm, the Knight can now heal itself faster!
The Quick Focus charm can be purchased for 800 Geo from Charm Lover Salubra in the southeasternmost part of the Forgotten Crossroads.
The Knight will encounter lots of various enemies in the Forgotten Crossroads. Still, the Knight will specifically encounter the following enemies on the way to Charm Lover Salubra: Tiktiks, Crawlids, Gruzzers, Aspid Hunters, Goams, Vengeflies, Leaping Husks, Wandering Husks, Husk Hornheads, and the Gruz Mother, which is a mini-boss in the game.
Before the Knight can reach Charm Lover Salubra, it is recommended that the Knight has the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform secondary jump mid-air, and the Mantis Claw ability, which allows the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them. It is technically possible to access Charm Lover Salubra’s house without these abilities, but it would be very hard as it requires the Knight to Nail-bounce from a Shade in the area. This is because Charm Lover Salubra’s house is on top of a tall platform that can only be accessed using these abilities.
To find Charm Lover Salubra in the Forgotten Crossroads, this is what the Knight must do (this is assuming that the player is still in the early game and has yet to unlock the Stagway Station in Dirtmouth and the Forgotten Crossroads):
- Starting from the Bench in Dirtmouth, head to the right, then drop down on the well to take the exit downwards and reach the Forgotten Crossroads.
- Next, head to the left, where the Knight will encounter a Tiktik and a Crawlid, then take the exit on the leftmost side of the room.
- After that, the Knight will be in a large room filled with Gruzzers and more Tiktiks. Head to the bottom of the room and take the exit downwards.
- Then, head down at the bottom and take the exit on the right.
- Next, head to the right, where the Knight will encounter an Aspid Hunter. Take the exit on the lower right side of the room.
- After that, continue on the right, where the Knight will encounter three Goams repeatedly rising out of the ground, a Vengefly, and another Goam. Take the exit on the right.
- Then, continue on the right, where the Knight will encounter more Vengeflies and more Goams. The Knight can either take the path on the right straight ahead or a little bit up the platforms. However, the Knight will not have to evade Goams on the platform path. Take the exit on the rightmost part of the room.
- Next, upon entering the next room, drop down from the platform, and the Knight will encounter another Aspid Hunter. Head to the bottom of the room, head to the right, where the Knight will encounter a Leaping Husk (there is also a Soul Totem on top of a platform above the Leaping Husk), then take the exit on the right.
- After that, head to the right, and the Knight will eventually enter an arena where you must face the Gruz Mother. Strike the sleeping Gruz Mother to start the battle. The Knight must defeat the Gruz Mother to continue. After defeating the Gruz Mother (and its Gruzzers), the path back and to continue will be opened. Head to the path on the right to continue.
- Next, drop down on the gap where the Knight will encounter two Wandering Husks and a Husk Hornhead. Continue to the right, and at the end, you will see a tall platform with a Bench and a house at the top.
- Go to the top of the platform using the Mothwing Cloak or the Mantis Claw ability, save your progress if you want by sitting down on the Bench, enter the house, and, finally, the Knight will find Charm Lover Salubra!
Talk to Charm Lover Salubra, and she will introduce herself and her Charm store. She will then ask the Knight if the townsfolk outside her house told them to come over and visit her and say that the village outside is lovely, intimate, and full of life, which implies Charm Lover Salubra has no idea that all that is left outside of her house are just ruins. Then, Charm Lover Salubra will say that she has noticed that the Knight has started a Charm collection of their own and that she will show some of her own, which the Knight can purchase if they would like.
After that interaction with Charm Lover Salubra, the Knight can now purchase the Quick Focus charm for 800 Geo and some other items from Charm Lover Salubra!
Now that the Knight has the Quick Focus charm, the Knight can equip it while sitting down on the Bench just outside of Charm Lover Salubra’s house/shop, and the Knight can heal faster!