Aloy may be the main protagonist of the Horizon series, but players are set to step in the shoes of a new character in the upcoming VR game, Horizon Call of the Mountain.
The game is set to launch later this month, and Guerrilla has just announced that the title has officially hone gold. Here’s the post:
For context, when a game goes gold, that means that development has officially finished, and now the game is ready to get pressed into discs, and shipped out. With so many titles getting delayed over the past few weeks, it’s great to know for Horizon fans that the VR game is going to be coming out on time.
Here’s the official description for the game:
Conquer colossal peaks, overcome fearsome machines and uncover a hidden danger to the world of Horizon – as you answer the call of the mountain in an immersive new adventure for PlayStation®VR2.
– Play from a new perspective – experience the sensations of height and wonder as you take in stunning vistas across the Carja and Nora homelands through the eyes of new character Ryas.
– View the breathtaking natural world of Horizon in 360 degrees and interact with your surroundings using two PlayStation®VR2 Sense™ controllers.
– Enjoy immersive action – use intuitive movements to climb mountains, hunt machines, shoot your bow and craft items from raw materials.
– Brave a new adventure – enter a living, breathing world of dangerous machines, tribal lore, exciting quests and new and returning characters.
– Share the experience – feel the adrenaline rush in a riverboat ride filled with surprises, that offers the chance to show off PS VR2 to your friends and family.
Though Aloy won’t be the protagonist of this game, we should expect to see her somewhere going around and the world on her own quest. We should also meet some characters that we’ve met in the other Horizon games as well.
With the world of Horizon so much more than just Aloy’s story, I’m sure Guerrilla has something interesting in store for players with them bringing the post-apocalyptic paradise to virtual reality.
Horizon Call of the Mountain launches for PS VR2 on Feb. 22.