Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is out and fans all over the world are jumping on it as fast as possible. The game is beautifully made, but there can be some bugs and errors, as with any other game.
There is a particular issue, widely seen only on PC. That’s the bug where you can’t select a character at the beginning of the game. The game freezes, and selecting character is impossible.
How to Fix Can’t Select Character – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
This can be very frustrating after hoping on the game, just after its release. Hopefully Ubisoft addresses this issue soon.
However, until then, there are certain things you can do to fix the problem.
Firstly, before we jump into what you need to do, make sure your GPU drivers are up to date, as well as your OS is updated to the latest version.
This is what you have to do to Fix Can’t Select Character In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla :
- Open Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Find V-Sync and Anti-Aliasing, and set them to Adaptive.
- Also, make sure that you are playing the game in Fullscreen and not borderless window.
After you do this, try to select a character and see if the issue still persists. If it does, then you must check another thing before trying again.
This is the minimum necessary requirements for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Make sure you fit the criteria to play the game.
If you do, try this:
- Launch Valhalla.
- Watch the cutscene and once you are at the character selection screen, click CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- Navigate to the Performance tab and see at how much usage your CPU is.
- Make sure its lower that 50-60% before selecting your character!
Those are currently regarded as the best possible fixes for this issue. We might get an update soon where this problem gets fixed, until then see if these work for you.
If you are feeling particularly hopeless, and you’re sure that your GPU and OS is up-to-date, then I would suggest a reinstallation. However, it’s not confirmed whether this works, but it should.