The Hila Rao Shrine or Drifting is one of 120 shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This shrine requires Link to traverse the shrine by crossing flowing pools of water. This is a very easy shrine to complete, and in this guide, you will learn how to complete the Hila Rao Shrine and obtain the chests.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Hila Rao Shrine is located in the middle of Floret Sandbar, a small island in the Dueling Peaks Region. To get to this shrine, you can start from Riverside Stable and follow the path to the northeast.
When you get to Floret Sandbar, you will see that to reach the shrine, Link must first go through a small maze, and you have to get through the maze without touching the flowers, or else Magda, the girl who arranged the flowers, will get angry and bring Link back to the beginning of the maze.
The maze can quickly be done by setting the camera at an angle that it will look slightly down to see where Link is going, and, while going on the maze, you will encounter three Chuchus, which can easily be killed. However, if you have Revali’s Gale and want to do this in a lazy but quick way, you can use Revali’s Gale to create a draft and glide towards the actual shrine.
The Hila Rao Shrine is one of nine shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region.
Upon entering Hila Rao Shrine, you will immediately see a water pool flowing to the left. In this pool of water is one large plank of wood, and just ahead is the path that leads to the altar.
To finish this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Go closer to the pool of water and you will see that the large plank of wood is floating slowly to the left. When it is near the entrance to the next part of the shrine, jump on the large plank of wood and quickly sprint towards the end. When it reaches the opening to the next part of the shrine, jump up the platform and continue.
- Next, you will see another pool of water but this time there are three separate planks of wood that are arranged diagonally. While the planks are still on the right side of the pool, jump and glide to the plank of wood nearest to the platform that Link was on, then jump and glide to the middle plank of wood, and again on to the last one. Then, when it is possible, jump on the platform.
- Before continuing, look back on the pool of water and use the Magnesis Rune ability to get the chest at the bottom of the water (near the middle). Open the chest to obtain an Opal.
- On this next part, you will see that there is another pool of water that is flowing around clockwise with a chest, a few exploding barrels floating and a breakable wall that is blocking the next path. To cross this area, use the Cryonis Rune ability to create ice blocks that you can climb up on to create an ice bridge. When the chest is near Link, create an ice block right under the chest to raise it above the water. Open the chest to obtain some Ice Arrows.
- Then, create ice blocks to jump and glide on to until you are near the breakable wall. There are two ways to break this breakable wall: by waiting for an exploding barrel to be near the breakable wall and creating an ice block right under it to raise it up and firing a fire arrow at it to detonate it which will break the breakable wall or, the easier way, by using the Remote Bomb Rune ability to throw a remote bomb at it (from a distance, obviously) and detonating it as soon as it touches the breakable wall to destroy it.
- Create more ice blocks to continue on the platform then jump and glide towards it and continue on the path.
- Finally, go near the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb.
The Hila Rao Shrine or Drifting is one of nine Shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region. The other shrines are the Ta’Loh Naeg shrine or Ta’Loh Naeg’s Teaching, Bosh Kala shrine or The Wind Guides You, Toto Sah shrine or the Toto Sah Apparatus, Ha Dahamar shrine or The Water Guides, Shee Vaneer shrine or the Twin Memories, Shee Venath shrine or the Twin Memories, Lakna Rokee shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing, and Ree Dahee shrine or the Timing is Critical.