One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Monya Toma Shrine or the Drawing Parabolas. This shrine requires Link to bring a glowing orb to its glowing orb socket using platforms that push out at an angle then retract back and complete the shrine. This shrine is very easy to complete, and in this guide, you will learn how to complete the Monya Toma Shrine, get the chest, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will be able to get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Monya Toma Shrine can be found near the top of Salari Hill just south of Serenne Stable, northwest of Hyrule Castle, south of Tabantha Tundra, and the Forgotten Temple or east of Hebra Tower. The Monya Toma Shrine is one of eight shrines in the Woodland Tower region.
Before descending on the shrine, make sure Link has a few arrows on hand, as these could make the arrows easier.
Upon entering the shrine, you will see a glowing orb, and on its left is the glowing orb socket locked behind a gate. On its right is a ramp to a platform with an angled platform facing north of the shrine that intermittently pushes out then retracts back. In front of this platform is a similar platform with an angled platform facing west of the shrine that intermittently pushes out then retracts back, but this platform does not have a ramp. On the left of this platform is a bigger platform with an angled platform that intermittently pushes out then retracts back, a switch, and on three of edges of this bigger platform, there are metal planks with a chest on top of one of them. To complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- First, shoot two arrows on the switch on top of the big platform to rotate the whole platform two times counterclockwise so that the chest will be facing the platform on the east side of the shrine.
- Next, go up the platform near the entrance of the shrine and get on top of the angled platform when it is retracted so that when the angled platform pushes out, Link will be thrown to the other platform in front of the platform earlier.
- After that, get on top of the angled platform on this platform when it is retracted so when it pushes out it will throw Link to the next platform with the chest.
- At the peak of Link’s “jump”, quickly press the X button to use the paraglider and land on the raised metal plank with the chest. Open the chest to obtain a Thunderblade.
- Next, drop down to the platform with the switch and strike the switch once so that the whole platform will rotate counterclockwise and the angled platform will face the glowing orb socket.
- Then, you will see that the glowing orb socket is blocked by wooden boxes. Press the up directional button and select either of the Remote Bomb Rune ability, press the L button to conjure one up, press the R button to throw it towards the wooden boxes, and press L again to detonate the Remote Bomb and destroy the wooden boxes.
- After that, drop down from the platform, pick up the glowing orb, bring it up the ramp to the platform near the entrance of the shrine, and drop the orb to the angled platform when it is retracted.
- Then, the glowing orb will be thrown out to the next platform when the angled platform pushes out, roll to this platform’s angled platform and throw it to the next platform, roll to this platform’s angled platform and throw it to the glowing socket.
- After the glowing orb is in the glowing orb socket, the gate that blocks it will be opened. Go through the gate and on the left side of the glowing orb you will see a pathway to the altar and the monk.
- Finally, Go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Monya Toma Shrine or Drawing Parabolas is one of eight shrines in the Woodland Tower region. The other shrines are the Daag Chokah Shrine or Daag Chokah’s Blessing, the Keo Ruug Shrine or the Fateful Stars, the Mirro Shaz Shrine or the Tempered Power, the Ketoh Wawai Shrine or Ketoh Wawai’s Blessing, the Rona Kachta Shrine or Rona Kachta’s Blessing, the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine or Kuhn Sidajj’s Blessing, and the Maag Halan Shrine or Maag Halan’s blessing.