MAA2 is the latest turn based marvel game to be out globally on both android and iOS. It resembles the first version but with some slight changes to the game mechanics. Here is a brief guide to help you progress through the game.
Let’s go over the basic mechanics of the game. You get to battle with 3 heroes in turn based combat. You got 2 heroes to start the battle while having up to 3 backup characters to switch in battle if you want. The third hero slot is an ally chosen at random. You can also switch the ally with your own characters from the backup team during battle.
Your leader skill gets unlocked at level 10.
There are 6 classes in the game, with the rock/paper/scissors relationship.
- Tactician – Strong vs Blaster, weak vs Infiltrator
- Blaster – Strong vs Bruiser, weak vs Tactician
- Bruiser – Strong vs Scrapper, weak vs Blaster
- Scrapper – Strong vs Infiltrator, weak vs Bruiser
- Infiltrator – Strong vs Tactician, weak vs Scrapper
- Generalist – No advantage or disadvantage.
Each character has skills that they can use. The first 3 skills can be switched to any available ability you have acquired in the game for that specific character. Each character also have an innate ability unique to them. Depending on your character, some may require resources such as rage, power or spirit to use their skills while some don’t.
In order to level up your character, you can either fight battles or use Iso-8 and convert them into experience. Using the same colored Iso-8 for a character will grant you bonus points. For example, blasters(red) get bonus experience from red Iso-8.
In order for your hero to increase the level cap, you have to research requirements to unlock them. You need to battle in specific maps to get the items to unlock the level cap.
Understanding Status Effects
There are buffs and debuffs in the game by wikia. Here are the descriptions:
|Increases Speed by 25%||Tactical|
|Increases Evasion by 25%||Tactical|
|Untargetable until this action completes||Buff|
|Reduces Melee Damage taken by 30%; removed after attacking||Tactical|
|Reduces Ranged Damage taken by 30%; removed after attacking||Tactical|
|Removes and Prevents Mental Debuffs||Buff|
|Class Advantage||Increases Attack, Defence, Accuracy and Evasion by 15%||Buff|
|Increases Defence by 25%||Physical|
|Performs a free attack after making a single-target attack||Mental|
|Reduces the next incoming attack’s Damage and accuracy by 40%||Tactical|
|Next ability is Fast||Physical|
|Restores some Health|
|Absorbs a large amount of damage||Buff|
|Increases Attack, Defence, Accuracy, Evasion and Speed by 10%||Mental|
|Increases the next attack’s damage and accuracy by 40%||Mental|
|Restores a large amount of Health|
|Perform a free attack prior to being attacked||Mental|
|Defense increased by +20% and allies are protected from single-target attacks||Buff|
|Increases Melee Damage by 40%; Removed if damaged||Mental|
|Restores health over time||Buff|
|Reduces status effect Damage taken by 75%||Physical|
|Removes and prevents Mental, Physical and Tactical debuffs|
|Increases Ranged Damage by 40%; Removed if damaged||Mental|
|Absorbs a small amount of damage||Buff|
|Cannot be targeted by single-target attacks||Buff|
|Increases Attack by 25%||Physical|
|Stun Resistance||Stun has reduced effects. Increases each time a new Stun is applied.|
|Takes damage after attacking or after being hit by a Sharp attack; Stacks to 3||Physical|
|Unarmed attacks against this character do +25% damage||Physical|
|Defence has reduced effectiveness against Blunt attacks||Physical|
|Removes and prevents Mental buffs||Debuff|
|Decreases Accuracy by 20%||Physical|
|Reduces the next attack’s damage and accuracy by 30%||Mental|
|Distracted||Provoke a free attack after attacking||Mental|
|Decreases Defense by 20%||Physical|
|Provoke a free attack after being attacked||Mental|
|Decreases Speed by 20%||Physical|
|Reduces Attack, Defense, Accuracy, Evasion, and Speed by 10%||Mental|
|Increases Damage taken from Energy attacks by 20%; Stacks up to 3 times||Physical|
|Minor Wounding Strike||Deals an additional 100% attack damage over time||Debuff|
|Removes and Prevents Physical buffs||Debuff|
|Takes +75% increased damage from free attacks||Mental|
|Purged||Removes and Prevents Mental, Physical, and Tactical buffs||Debuff|
|Taking damage after an enemy shock attack||Physical|
|Next action is delayed|
|Increases Damage from Status Effects by 50%||Mental|
|Targeted||Projectile attacks against this target gains 25% accuracy and deals an additional 25% damage on a crit||Tactical|
|Deals damage which is massively increased to targets below 20% health|
|Deals a large amount of damage after a time||Physical|
|Decreases Attack by 20%||Physical|
|Increases Damage and Accuracy of next incoming attack by 40%||Tactical|
|Wounded||Taking heavy damage over time||Debuff|
|Wounding Strike||Deals an additional 200% attack damage over time||Debuff|
Resources and Currency
Let’s look at the main resources used in the game:
- Silver – Your main in game currency. It is used for upgrading heroes and acquiring some power cells. When you use Ally team up, you get bonus silver. You can also gain silver by selling leftover Iso-8s, logging in daily and from PvP respin.
- Gold – The real money currency. It is the pay to win currency. Use this to get new heroes and quickly complete tasks. Keep in mind you can gain gold as F2p by leveling up(10 gold), completing daily tasks(5 gold), connecting to Facebook(25 Gold), daily login(every 5-6 days) and story tasks.
- If your hero dies in battle, they receive 50% less experience after battle is over.
- Don’t pay 5 gold for re-spins, especially on scouting missions. It is cheaper to use 5 gold to refill market surveys.
- Focus on leveling 5 heroes of each class. Quality is better than quantity.
- Team-up 2 similar heros removes your hero. Make sure to replace them.
- Never buy moves for ability points.
- When your commander level goes up you completely refresh your energy. Save your 300 CXP tasks until you have no energy and are close to a level up!
- Keep in mind Epic bosses can only be found in Heroic difficulty.
- When you switch heroes that have low health, they will regenerate health while in backup mode.
References: MAA2 Wikia