Social and Player Dynamics updates are incoming.
As nice as a new map, Agent, or some new skins might have been in the new patch, it would probably take away from the exciting matchups featured in the ongoing 2022 VALORANT Champions Tournament, where 16 teams divided into 4 groups play a double-elimination format in a best of three series.
Instead, VALORANT’s mid-season patch will focus on Social and Gameplay Systems updates that will address in-game bugs related to notifications, Riot ID conflicts, and player reports, to name a few. You can think of this update as a quick stopover before Riot gives the fans the new Agent they have been craving since the start of Episode 5.
Below are the full Patch notes for VALORANT Patch 5.05.
5.05 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to report yourself.
- Fixed an issue where some of you did not receive a notification when attempting to join a party you’ve been kicked from.
- Fixed an issue where a blank user would appear in the Social Panel when joining a party where players are in-game.
- Fixed an issue where you could not successfully report a player in Agent Select after the game has been running for 30 minutes.
- Fixed an issue where players with non-English characters in their Riot IDs could not be found via Invite by Riot ID.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Context Menu and Friend Note text fields to close when a Friend’s status updated in the Social Panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Party Leader’s matchmaking lobby selection to affect in-game Party Members’ status in the Social Panel.
Gameplay Systems Updates
- Fixed a bug where binding the “Home” key to an action does not work.
- For certain languages, the tooltip values of rewarded credits in Overtime Rounds were incorrect.
- Updated tooltip values to reflect that you will start with 5000 credits at the start of Overtime Rounds, no matter if you win or lose the previous round.
Riot Games focused on quality-of-life updates for Patch 5.05 so as not to confuse players with too many changes as they watch the best VCT teams duke it out for VALORANT Champions 2022. After all, it would have been weird to play on a newer patch with major changes and not see the same changes as you watch the VALORANT Champions Tournament.
With that said, fans will have to settle for this small patch right now, as Riot Games prepares for the arrival of Agent 21 in VALORANT.
Visit the PlayerAssist website for more Gaming Guides, Gaming News, Game Codes, and other Gaming Content!