Cypher is finally getting the love he deserves.
The November 4th VALORANT PBE features one of the most awaited changes for Cypher. Riot Games have finally decided to give Cypher some much-needed buffs that should help Cypher mains stay relevant in the current meta.
Other changes include balance changes for Fade’s Prowler and Nightfall, fixes for lingering Harbor bugs, and UI updates.
Cypher will receive buffs for his Trapwire and Neural Theft abilities in Patch 5.10. For the most part, the devs aim to make Cypher’s Trapwire less predictable, making Trap Wire setups on most maps more reliable. In addition, the increased Trapwire length should open up some new Trapwire setups that were previously not possible in-game.
On the other hand, The devs have increased Neural Theft’s reveal pings to two and removed the time limit on enemy corpses, so Cypher players can use their Ultimate whenever they see fit. Lastly, Neural Theft also receives a significant cast distance buff that should help make the ability less risky to use.
- Maximum Trapwire length increased 1000 >>> 1500.
- Neural Theft now reveals two times. There is a four second delay between the reveals.
- Time restriction to cast on enemy corpses has been removed.
- Maximum cast distance increased 1200 >>> 1800.
Quality of Life
- Updated the yellow silhouette used for Cypher’s reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft.
- Yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to you to help reduce confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different places.
- Yellow silhouette now starts dimmer and fades faster to make it more distinguishable from an actual enemy.
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by allies’ AOE damage.
Fade receives nerfs to her Prowler and her Ultimate for Patch 5.10. Prowler now has reduced duration, and its nearsight effect duration is also reduced.
On the other hand, Nightfall’s cost has been increased from 7 to 8.
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds (Time the prowler is alive without a trail.)
- Delay on bite after reaching target increased .4 >>> .6 seconds.
- Hitbox improvements.
- Nearsight duration on hit reduced from 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds.
- Prowlers now fizzle out and no longer debuff instead of rebuffing their target if they teleported away before it finished its animation.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes spawn under the map.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade would travel the same distance.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeter on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel.
- Fixed a bug where Astra could cast a fake Nebula right at the start of a round before her Star charged up.
Main Menu Button Icons
The new VALORANT Main Menu buttons look very clean and are a welcome change from the dated look of the previous menu layout. However, the new Main Menu screen hides important menus behind unnecessary buttons, making navigation a bit more complicated.
For Patch 5.10, the devs have added back icon buttons reminiscent of the old Main Menu layout to make navigation a simpler one-click affair.
You can read the full VALORANT PBE Patch Notes here.