Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in the Hisui region, modern-day Sinnoh, you will join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui region Pokemon to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
The Galaxy Team will task the player to do missions in the game. Additionally, various people will also ask for help from the player requests. One of these requests is Request 68, titled the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way.’ You will learn how to complete the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way’ request in this guide.
A Nosepass to Guide the Way
To unlock this request, the player must first reach the Ancient Quarry in the ‘Scaling Perilous Heights‘ mission, the eleventh mission in the game where the player must quell a frenzied Noble Hisuian Electrode. Additionally, the player must also first complete the ‘Setting Up the Coastlands Camp’ request (request 46) from Gully in the Cobalt Coastlands and encounter and catch a Nosepass and add it to the player’s Pokedex.
After doing the requirements mentioned above, you can now start this request! Head to the Galaxy Hall and proceed to Professor Laventon’s room on the left side of Captain Cyllene’s office. In Professor Laventon’s room, you will find a blackboard just behind Professor Laventon himself. There are a few requests on this blackboard that the player can take on. Read what’s on the blackboard, and on the prompt, select the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way’ request. And, just like that, ‘The Clefairy’s Moonlit Dance’ request has started!
According to the request description, Gully, a member of the Supply Corps, wants to explore an old saying about Nosepass. To complete this request, this is what the player must do:
- First, head out of Professor Laventon’s office and the Galaxy Hall, go to the Front Gate in the northeast of Jubilife Village and head to the Highlands Camp in the Coronet Coastlands.
- Upon arriving at the Highlands Camp in the Coronet Highlands, you will see a woman in a green kimono named Gully just across from Professor Laventon. Talk to Gully, and she will tell the player that she wants to gather crafting materials in Wayward Cave, but she does not have a sense of direction, and she does not want to get lost in the cave.
- However, she will say that she knows of a way to keep herself from stumbling in the dark, which is based on a saying that says, “A Nosepass never wanders.” Gully will then explain that people from her village would look to Nosepass for guidance when they lose their way as Nosepass always face the same direction. So, she will ask the player if you catch one before she does, to give her one Nosepass.
- Now, the player must catch a Nosepass for Gully! Nosepass can be found around Celestica Ruins and Primeval Grotto in the middle of the Coronet Highlands. Nosepass can be found in these areas at all times and in every weather condition. If you plan to distract it with food, the Nosepass’s preferred foods are Crunchy Salts. Suppose you plan on battling against a Nosepass before catching it.
- In that case, it is important to note that Nosepass is a Rock-type Pokemon which means it has a weakness in Fighting-type, Grass-type, Ground-type, Steel-type, and Water-type moves (super effective) and resistance to Fire-type, Flying-type, Normal-type, and Poison-type moves (not very effective). It is also worth noting that the player cannot get the Nosepass back after giving one to Gully, so catch more than one if you want a Nosepass for yourself.
- After catching a Nosepass, the player would need to go back to Gully. However, she will not be near the Highlands Camp anymore. To find Gully, head inside the Wayward Cave, which is northwest of the Heavenward lookout and the Highlands Camp.
- Upon entering the Wayward Cave, the player has to find Gully, but it will be very dark, and there are a lot of paths the player could take. To find Gully, it would be beneficial to turn on Guidance by pressing the – button, press the Y button to open Missions & Request, and select the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way’ on the Requests tab, then press the A button to turn on Guidance. After that, follow the quest marker on-screen to find Gully.
- After finding Gully, talk to her and give her a Nosepass. After that, Gully will then test out the Nosepass by checking where it is facing so she will find out where the exit is. She will then say that she wishes she had encountered a Nosepass sooner.
- Finally, Gully will thank the player for giving her a Nosepass, then the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way’ request will be completed, and Gully will reward the player with one Black Augurite and two Exp. Candy M for your efforts!
Now that you have completed the ‘A Nosepass to Guide the Way’ Request, you can now try to complete other requests, complete missions, or complete Arceus’ task for you, which is to catch ‘em all!