Pokemon Legends: Arceus takes place in the old times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in the land of the Hisui region, which is as Sinnoh region in modern times, you join the Galaxy Expedition Team (or Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every species of Pokémon from the Hisui region to complete the area’s first-ever Pokédex.
The Galaxy Team tasks the player to do missions in the game. Additionally, various people also ask the player for help via requests. One of these is Request 7, titled ‘Playing with Drifloon.’ In this guide, you’ll learn to complete the Playing with Drifloon request.
Playing with Drifloon
To unlock this request, the player must first receive the mission ‘A Request from Mai’ (the fifth mission of the game), in which the player visits the Training Grounds for the first time and battles Akari or Rei. Additionally, the player must also encounter or catch a Drifloon and add it to the Pokedex.
Drifloons can easily be found roaming around the Obsidian Fieldlands, even in Aspiration HIll, which is very close to the Fieldlands Camp and the exit of the area. However, it is worth noting that Drifloons only appear in the evening and nightfall.
After doing the requirements mentioned above, you can now start this request. To do that, head on to the Galaxy Hall and proceed to Professor Laventon’s room on the left side of Captain Cyllene’s office. In Professor Laventon’s room, you will find a blackboard just behind Professor Laventon himself. There are a few requests on this blackboard that the player can take on. Read what’s on the blackboard, and on the prompt, select the ‘Playing with Drifloon’ request. And, just like that, the request has started!
According to the request description, a Drifloon has been seen playing with a child from the village. To complete this request, this is what the player must do:
- Exit the Galaxy Hall, and head to the south gate of Jubilife Village where you can find a member of the Security Corps named Miki. Talk to her, and she will tell you that a Drifloon has been seen playing with a child in Prelude Beach at night. She will tell you that she finds it odd for a Pokemon so the Security Corps wants to investigate its true intentions, that’s why they asked the help of the Survey Corps.
- After that, wait for evening. You can complete other requests until it’s nighttime, or you can simply go to your Quarters in the northeast of the village and rest until evening.
- Next, when it is evening, go to Prelude Beach which is the beach at the south of Jubilife Village (Prelude Beach is the beach where Professor Laventon finds the player at the very first start of the game). To reach Prelude Beach, go south of the South Gate of the village then head west upon reaching the Practice Field.
- In Prelude Beach, head behind the house, and a cutscene will play. There you will find a boy with a Drifloon, and the boy will say that he wants to go home. The Drifloon, however, doesn’t let him go, so he’s asking for the player’s help. Confirm on the prompt ,and the screen will turn black.
- After that, the Drifloon will go away, and the boy will thank you but will tell the player that the Drifloon didn’t mean to be bad. He will then say he will keep it a secret from everyone because it’s really friendly. The boy will then introduce himself as Taki before he leaves.
- Next, go back to Miki near the South Gate of the village. Talk to her to report what you found out, and she will tell the player that she is thankful for your help as if not for the player’s help the Drifloon would have taken the kid by now. Then, she will tell you that she’ll urge Captain Zisu to heighten the security in Prelude Beach.
- Finally, she will reward you with one Stardust for your efforts.
Now that you have completed the ‘Playing with Drifloon’ Request, you can now try to complete other requests, complete missions, or complete Arceus’ task for you, which is to catch ’em all!