Have you ever stumbled upon an abandoned village in Minecraft and encountered its nasty inhabitants? If you have, then no surprise there. But if you haven’t, you’re about to find out what kind of danger lurks hidden in plain sight.
The zombie villager—or as I’d like to call it ‘zombies dressed as villagers‘—is one of Minecraft’s hostile mobs that roam the overworld. Other than the fact that they don’t transform into drowned when submerged in water, they’re basically regular zombies – (or vampires?): They burn in sunlight and attack villagers at night. You can either encounter a naturally spawned zombie villager or an infected zombie-turned villager. Either way, they’ll still chase and attack you when they see you which makes them equally annoying to fight against.
To make things worse, you can even build your own little village only to have them all get infected from zombies. And in turn, transforming all of them into a crazed monster hungry for some meat. So now you’ve got a village full of zombie villagers that probably won’t see the light of day ever again. Now, what will you do? Will you kill all of them and start anew or leave them to burn in the sun the very next day? The good news is that we have a solution for you! In this guide, we’ll show you a step-by-step process on how you’ll be able to cure zombie villagers and return to a business-as-usual lifestyle with them.
What will you need?
Before you start, you will need a few special items first in order to successfully cure a zombie villager. All of the items listed below can be crafted using these specific ingredients. The pictures below will indicate the correct crafting recipe along with the corresponding crafting material.
- Fences: To cage the zombie villager in.
- Splash Potion of Weakness: Potion that decreases attack power of an affected mob or player.
- Golden Apple: Special food item for curing zombie villagers.
How to cure a zombie villager?
- To start the curing process, you’ll need to trap the zombie villager with some fences. Safely secure the zombie villager in a shaded spot during day time. Make sure to keep it under a shade or else it will burn under the heat of the sun.
- Next, use the splash potion of weakness on the zombie villager. Gray circular particles will appear once the potion breaks. Be careful because doing this action will also spread the potion effects on you!
- Now that the zombie villager is under the effects of the potion, use a golden apple on him to start the curing process. The zombie villager will then begin to shake uncontrollably and red circular particles will start to appear on his head.
- After 2 minutes, the zombie villager will turn into a normal villager and the transformation is complete. You will then get the achievement “Zombie Doctor” and you can now give the villager a new profession.
Now that you’ve learned how to cure zombie villagers, it’s time to put it to good use. The next time you see another zombie villager roaming at night, instead of killing it, you’ll know what to do.