Even though Cyberpunk 2077 is officially out now, many players can’t jump into the action immediately. There are some issues players keep getting with crashes, disk write errors, and much more.
Some people can’t get Cyberpunk 2077 just yet due to high demand. But today, we will focus on how people who get disk write errors can fix the game.
Disk Write Error FIX – Cyberpunk 2077
This can be achieved with a few methods, so after trying one, check whether the game is working. If not, navigate to the next one.
Here are some methods to fix disk write errors – Cyberpunk 2077:
1. Disable Read-Only
- Open up CMD as an administrator.
- Then, write these commands accordingly:
- List disk
- Select disk / – at the “/” sign, and write the number of disks on which Cyberpunk 2077 is installed.
- Attributes disk clear read-only
- Close CMD.
This will remove the attribute “Read-Only” if you already had it on that hard drive. Even though that might sometimes be the case, it is usually not.
If you still get the disk write error, try this:
2. Delete Corrupted Files
- Close Steam and go to Steam/logs/content_log.
- Search for failed to write error.
- There should be a path here as well.
- Follow the path and delete all the corrupted files there.
- Launch Steam and redownload the files.
Sometimes, the issue can be stubborn and persist. In those cases, you can try one more method. I recommend a fresh reinstall if this last method doesn’t fix the issue.
This is the last method for fixing the disk write error in Cyberpunk 2077:
3. Run as Administrator
- Close Steam.
- Right-click it, and then go to Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and select “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Cyberpunk 2077 as well.
It is relatively unknown whether the issue is from Steam, the game, or players’ particular systems.
The main issue is that many have fixed the disk write error with the abovementioned methods, but it doesn’t work for some, which means it can be either.