Cars in DayZ allow you to cover great distances and explore the map more easily. But like real-world vehicles, they are prone to malfunctions and total breakdowns. Knowing how to fix them helps you get back on track and enables you to travel this post-apocalyptic world much faster.
This article will give you a step-by-step guide on how to repair your car in DayZ. We will help you resolve any mechanical issues, allowing you to escape hordes of zombies unscathed.
DayZ How to Fix a Car Xbox?
Cars in DayZ can only be fixed up to a certain point. For instance, if your engine is too deteriorated, it will appear red, which is beyond repair. The same goes for all other car parts.
Take the following steps to examine and repair your car if you are an Xbox user.
- Perform a visual inspection to get an idea of the missing or broken parts. Broken windows and missing wheels should be obvious.
- Enter your vehicle to determine the extent of the damage. The icons in the upper-left corner will show you various colors that indicate the condition of the parts. Green denotes a good condition. Orange means you need to fix the component, whereas red parts are unusable.
- Use your action button to navigate the repair menu while looking at the vehicle.
- Equip a toolkit with your action button and replace or repair the broken parts. The best places to find the necessary components are Industrial Buildings. They are packed with vehicle components, fuel cans, and jerry cans.
Once you’ve repaired the vehicle, you may also want to fill your fuel tank:
- Find a fuel can or jerry can. They are usually empty, but you can refill them with large tanks at gas stations. To do so, equip a can from your inventory and stand near a cylindrical tank at a petrol station. Use the context menu to refill the can and return it to your vehicle.
- Select a full fuel or jerry can in your inventory.
- Stand near your car and hover over it until you are prompted to refill the tank.
- Press and hold your action button. Refilling should take about five seconds to complete.
Remember that repairing your vehicle will alert the infected up to 50 meters away.
DayZ How to Fix a Car PS4?
The repair process works the same on PS4 as with the Xbox outlined above. We will delve deeper into specific repairs since we have already covered general fixing.
Repairing the Metal Exterior
Crashing your car is a sure-fire way to damage the exterior. Luckily, repairing the doors and other outside components is pretty simple.
The item you will need to repair your metal exterior is epoxy putty. Besides fixing tactical helmets, combat helmets, and other clothes with a hard surface, it also works great for car doors. Here is how to use it:
- Go to the damaged car door and look at it.
- Open your inventory.
- Combine the broken door with the epoxy putty.
- Place the epoxy putty in your hand and hold your action button to repair the door.
Repairing a Broken Engine
Your engine can easily get damaged by gunshots. If it is still salvageable, fixing it will not give you a hard time:
- Open your hood and look at the engine.
- Go to the inventory and quip your pipe wrench. If you have not found one, look for the item in loot spawns, such as military, industrial, and residential piles.
- Point the pipe wrench in the direction of the engine until you see a prompt to repair your engine.
- Hold the action button until the fixing process is over.
Repairing a Flat Tire
Another common issue on DayZ cars is damaged tires. Fortunately, repairing them is relatively straightforward:
- Approach the damaged tire and look at it.
- Open your inventory and place the tire equipment kit in your hand.
- Hover over the tire until the “patch” command shows.
- Press and hold your action button to fix the tire.
How Many Vehicles Are There in DayZ?
There are five vehicles you can drive in DayZ:
• Ada 4×4 (the Offroad Hatchback) – This car is a four-wheel-drive car with a 138 kph top speed.
• Olga 24 (aka the Civilian Sedan) – This car is a large vehicle with an approximate top speed of 144 kph.
• Gunter 2 (aka the Civilian Hatchback) – This car is the fastest in the game, whose top speed exceeds 190 kph.
• Sarka 120 – This car only has four gears, limiting its top speed to just 100 kph.
• M3S – This is the slowest DayZ car. The maximum speed stands at about 50 kph when going downhill or driving flat terrain.
Rev Up Those Engines
A broken car is a massive setback in DayZ, preventing you from reaching your destinations quickly and returning to your base on time. Luckily, fixing most car parts is not too challenging. You need a few basic tools to repair your tires, engine, and doors. Do not forget to gas up your vehicle regularly so that it does not let you down when you need it most.
What is your favorite car in DayZ? How often do you need to repair it? Do you prefer fixing your car or building a new one? Tell us in the comments section below.