Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in Hisui, modern-day Sinnoh, you will join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui Pokemon species to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
In the game, there are certain Pokemon that players cannot catch or are difficult to catch in the wild. One of the methods to catch these Pokemon is through evolution. This guide will teach you how to evolve Hisuian Sneasel into a Sneasler!
Hisuian Sneasel into Sneasler
Sneasler is a Fighting, and Poison-type Free Climb Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Sneasler is a Pokemon that looks like a cat and a weasel with a dark gray body and purple accents, long arms that reach just above its ankles, hands with three long claws tipped with yellow gems that are shaped like diamonds on its head and chest.
Sneasler is also one of the game’s rideable Pokemon, but it could not be used outside of being a rideable Pokemon. According to its Pokedex entry in the game, no other Pokemon could hope to beat it on the frozen highlands because of its virulent poison and daunting physical prowess. Additionally, Sneasler does not form packs as it prefers solitude.
Sneasler actually cannot be found anywhere in the wild. So, the only way to catch a Sneasler is through evolution. To do that, the player must evolve a Hisuian Sneasel using a Razor Claw during the day. First, the player should know where to find a Hisuian Sneasel
The player can find a Hisuian Sneasel in the Coronet Highlands (southwest of Celestica Trail and southwest of Primeval Grotto near the shores of the top of the falls of Fabled Spring) and in the Alabaster Icelands (northwest of Avalugg’s Legacy and around the Glacier Terrace). Hisuian Sneasel can be found in these locations at all times of the day and in every weather condition. It is worth mentioning that the Hisuian Sneasel that can be found in the northwest of Avalugg’s Legacy is an Alpha Pokemon.
If you plan on distracting it with food before catching it, it is worth mentioning that Hisuian Sneasel’s preferred foods are Springy Mushrooms, Hearty Grains, and Plump Beans.
Suppose you plan on battling a Hisuian Sneasel first before catching it. In that case, it is worth noting that, as mentioned, Hisuian Sneasel is a Fighting and Poison-type Pokemon which means it has a weakness to Flying-type, Ground-type, and especially Psychic-type moves (super effective) and resistance to Dark type, Fighting-type, Grass-type, Poison-type, Rock-type, and especially Bug-type moves (not very effective).
Now that the player has caught a Hisuian Sneasel, all that is needed to evolve a Hisuian Sneasel into Sneasler is a Razor Claw. There are several ways that the player can obtain a Razor Claw:
The player may obtain Razor Claw after catching or defeating certain Pokemon, specifically, Hisuian Sneasel, Sneasel, Sneasler, and Weavile.
The player can purchase a Razor Claw for 10,000 Pokemon Dollars from Ginter at the Gingko Guild Shop in between the Galaxy Hall and the player’s headquarters. However, Ginter will call it a Mystery Claw. Unfortunately, the items that the Gingko Guild Merchants sell are not the same all the time so the purchasable items may vary. To change the items that Ginter is selling, the player must first catch 20 Pokemon.
The player can also purchase a Razor Claw from the Trading Post near the Training Grounds for only 1400 Merit Points. The player can earn Merit Points by returning lost satchels all over the Hisui region.
Other than that, the player may find some Razor Claws on the ground inside of Space-Time Distortions, so make sure to check out the items inside them
Out of all the methods mentioned above, the easiest way to obtain a Razor Claw is by purchasing one from the Trading Post for 1400 Merit Points.
After catching a Hisuian Sneasel and obtaining a Razor Claw, the player can now evolve a Hisuian Sneasel into a Sneasler!
To do that, this is what the player must do:
- Put the player’s Hisuian Sneasel in the Player’s party by talking to the Galaxy Member near the tent on any of the Base Camps and selecting “I want to see my Pokemon” on the prompt, or heading to the Pastures in the eastern part of Jubilife Village.
- Then, ensure that the Razor Claw is in the player’s Satchel. If not, the player can access the Item Storage in any of the Base Camps or the Item Storage near the Front Gate in the northeastern part of Jubilife City and move the Razor Claw to the player’s Satchel.
- After that, make sure that the time of day is the daytime. If not, the player can simply rest by interacting with the tent or the Galaxy Member in any of the Base Camps or by sleeping on the bed in the player’s quarters on the right side of the Ginkgo Guild Shop until morning, midday, or evening.
- After that, return to the game and press the up directional button to open the player’s Satchel.
- Select the Razor Claw, select “Use” on the prompt, then select Hisuian Sneasel from the player’s party, too; well, use the Razor Claw on Hisuian Sneasel.
- Confirm on the prompt to evolve Hisuian Sneasel. Then, just like that, Hisuian Sneasel will evolve into a Sneasler!
Now that the player has a Sneasler, the player can try to use the Sneasler to complete other requests, missions, or Arceus’ task for the player, which is to catch ‘em all!