In the sprawling dystopian metropolis of Night City in Cyberpunk 2077, the player has countless mysteries to uncover and many missions to take on. CD Projekt RED, who developed this beautiful game, added a bunch of collectibles that the player can get.
The weapon called Gwynbleidd is one of these collectibles. This weapon references another one of CD Projekt RED’s famous game franchises. This guide will walk you through how to get the Gwynbleidd weapon in Cyberpunk 2077. We will discuss the strategies and tips necessary to obtain this one-of-a-kind weapon. With this, the player can relive this iconic weapon in Night City, which is very different from where the weapon is actually from.
What is Gwynbleidd?
The weapon in question, Gwynbleidd, references Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher series. In that world, Geralt of Rivia is called ‘Gwynbleidd’ in Elder Speech, which translates to the ‘White Wolf.’ In the world of Cyberpunk 2077, however, Gwynbleidd is a melee weapon that looks similar to Geralt of Rivia’s Aerondight.
This is a silver sword that Geralt of Rivia uses to fight monsters, as silver swords are relatively weak when used on people. Using a sword in Night City may seem useless, but a melee weapon is much more useful if the player needs to go on a stealth mission or engage in close combat. Besides, wielding a cool-looking medieval sword in a futuristic city looks and feels very cool.
In Cyberpunk 2077, Gwynbleidd is a Tier 5 item in the Iconic category in rarity and is part of the Melee weapon group. This sword is classified as a Blade with a Weight of 8. Gwynbleidd has a damage output of 117.27 per hit. It has an attack speed of 2.12 and a stamina cost of 6.4. This weapon also has a stat multiplier of +25% for Armor Penetration and a Bleeding Chance of +20%.
When using Gwynbleidd, the player inflicts more damage on bosses. All strikes are briefly guaranteed Critical Hits after killing foes in quick succession. After immediately killing another enemy, the effect refreshes. If the player’s health is extremely low, all of the player’s attacks, no matter how many kills, are guaranteed to be Critical Hits.
How to Get Gwynbleidd?
To get the Gwynbleidd weapon, the player must first purchase and install the Phantom Liberty DLC expansion for the desired platform. Next, as this references The Witcher, the player must also own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
After that, the player must connect these games to the player’s GOG account. GOG is CD Projekt’s digital distribution platform, just like Steam. Next, the final thing the player has to do is head to the player’s GOG account and go to the My Rewards section. Here, receive all of the rewards given.
After all, the player can now find Gwynbleidd in Cyberpunk 2077. In the game, Go to the player’s apartment and examine the wall of V’s item stash. Here, the player will find the shiny Gwynbleidd that Geralt of Rivia used to kill monsters in The Continent and use it to kill enemies in Night City.
Players can experience Cyberpunk 2077 and its DLC expansion, Phantom Liberty, on different platforms. Because of that, the general steps to get Gwynbleidd can vary depending on the platform. The following are the methods to acquire the Witcher weapon in Cyberpunk 2077 for different platforms:
If you bought the game, the DLC expansion, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt directly from GOG, then the player will have no problem. Both the games will automatically link to your GOG account. However, If you bought Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt from Steam or Epic Games, the player must first connect the game to the player’s GOG account. To do that, the player must do the following:
- First, head to gog.com, then download GOG Galaxy 2.0.
- Next, install the application. This part may take some time, depending on your internet connection. Complete the setup to install the application fully.
- Then, from that point, the player must open the GOG Galaxy application and sign up to create an account. If you already have an account, just log in.
- After that, press the cog on the top left, select ‘Add games & friends,’ then select ‘Connect platforms.’
- Next, press ‘Integrations’ on the ‘PLATFORMS’ section. The player will find all the other platforms they can link with their GOG account.
- Then, look for ‘Steam’ or ‘Epic Games’ and press ‘Connect’ on its right side.
- After that, enter your login credentials for Steam or Epic Games. Following a successful login, GOG Galaxy will grant the player access to all of the selected platform’s offered features.
- After that, open the REDlauncher for Cyberpunk 2077. Ensure the player’s GOG account is logged in on the REDlauncher.
- Finally, start that game. The player can now head to V’s item stash in the player’s apartment to find the Gwynbleidd weapon!
If you bought Cyberpunk 2077 and the DLC expansion for PlayStation 5, the game still requires that the player also owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to get Gwynbleidd. However, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is not required to be on the same PlayStation 5. The player can own it as long as the player connects the platform on which the player owns it to your GOG account.
To get the Gwynbleidd for PlayStation 5, the player must do the following:
- First, open the GOG Galaxy application on your computer and log in.
- Then, press the cog on the top left and ‘Add games & friends.’ Here, select ‘connect platforms.’
- After that, select ‘Integrations’ in the ‘PLATFORMS’ section. The player can view all the additional platforms they can link to their GOG account here.
- Next, look for the platform where you own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Then, select ‘Connect’ on the right side of its name.
- Following that, type in your login credentials for that platform. After successfully logging in, GOG Galaxy will grant the player access to the selected platform’s features.
- Then, start the Cyberpunk 2077 game on your PlayStation 5. Make sure the console is connected to the internet.
- After that, on the game’s main menu, where the player can start a new game or load a save file, the player can find ‘My Rewards’ near the bottom right of the screen. Press the R1 button to select it.
- Next, the game will ask the player to connect their profile to the player’s GOG account. Here, it will show a link, which the player can type on a browser on your computer or phone, or a QR code, which the player can scan using your smartphone to head to the sign-in page quickly.
- Then, type in your login credentials for the player’s GOG account on the link.
- After a successful login, return to Cyberpunk 2077 on the player’s PlayStation 5. If the player presses R1 to toggle ‘My Rewards’ on the game’s main menu, the player will see all the rewards that the player can collect in the game.
- Finally, in the actual game, head to V’s item stash in the player’s apartment to find the Gwynbleidd weapon!
Even though Cyberpunk 2077 is also available on both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the game’s DLC expansion, Phantom Liberty, is only released for PlayStation 5. This means that the player will not be able to get the Gwynbleidd weapon on the PlayStation 4. This is even if the player has the base game and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Xbox Series X or S
The method is almost the same for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X or S. Again, the requirements to get Gwynbleidd is to have the DLC expansion for the game Phantom Liberty and own The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The same as in PlayStation 5, it is also not required that the player owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Xbox Series X or S. This is as long as the player connects the platform where the player owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to the player’s GOG account.
To get Gwynbleidd in Cyberpunk 2077 in the Xbox Series X or S, the player must do the following:
- First, ensure the player’s Xbox Series X or S is connected to the internet. Then, start Cyberpunk 2077 on your console.
- Next, the player can discover ‘My Rewards’ near the bottom right of the screen on the game’s main menu, where they can start a new game or load a game. To select it, use the RB button.
- The game will then prompt the player to link their profile to their GOG account. It will display a URL that the player can type into a browser on their computer or phone or a QR code that they can scan with their smartphone to navigate to the sign-in page swiftly.
- After that, on the provided link, enter your login information for the player’s GOG account. Ensure this is the account The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was connected to.
- Then, head back to Cyberpunk 2077 on the player’s Xbox Series X or S after a successful login. If the player taps RB to toggle ‘My Rewards’ on the game’s main menu, the player will see a list of all the rewards the player can get in the game.
- Finally, in the game, go to V’s item stash in the player’s apartment to get the Gwynbleidd weapon!
Although the base game of Cyberpunk 2077 is accessible on both the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X and S, the game’s DLC expansion, Phantom Liberty, is only available on the Xbox Series X and S. This means that the Gwynbleidd weapon will not be available in Xbox One even if the player owns both the base game and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on this platform.
The Gwynbleidd weapon is not the reward related to The Witcher that the player can get in Cyberpunk 2077. The following are the other Witcher rewards aside from Gwynbleidd the player can collect in Cyberpunk 2077 and their requirements:
|Wild Hunt Jacket||Outer Torso|
|Iconic||3.0||Phantom Liberty and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt|
|Gwent T-Shirt||Inner Torso|
|Iconic||1.7||Phantom Liberty and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game|
(Damage per hit: 19.03)
|Iconic||4.3||Phantom Liberty and GWENT: The Witcher Card Game|
|Wolf School Jacket||Outer Torso||Rare||3.0||Linking the game to the player’s GOG account.|
|Wolf School T-Shirt||Inner Torso||Rare||0.9||Linking the game to the player’s GOG account.|
(Damage per hit: 34.49)
|Iconic||4.5||Linking the game to the player’s GOG account.|
|Shupe the Troll||Memorabilia|
|n/a||n/a||Linking the game to the player’s GOG account.|
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is a free trading card game that players can own and play on PC, Android, and iOS. This is based on the card game the player can play in The Witcher series. If the player wants to acquire The Witcher-related rewards in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, simply download and start the game once using the player’s GOG account.
Getting Gwynbleidd in Cyberpunk 2077 seems rather expensive because it requires that the player own another game. It is only recommended to get this item if the player already owns The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In that situation, all the player has to do is connect the game to the player’s GOG account.
It is not advised to purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt just to get the Gwynbleidd weapon in Cyberpunk 2077. However, if you plan on playing that game, which is great, then getting the Gwynbleidd weapon in Cyberpunk 2077 can incentivize you to buy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The player can experience this epic crossover between two great games thanks to this guide. So, use Gwynbleidd to slash and slice enemies in Night City!