In Team Cherry’s Hollow Knight, there is an arena where the Knight can enter three Trials wherein the goal is to battle waves of enemies. This arena is called the Colosseum of Fools.
The Colosseum of Fools is inside a shell of a huge, ancient bug that has been carved out. This huge shell is being held in place by a bunch of chains. Upon entering the Colosseum of Fools, the Knight will be greeted by Little Fool, chained above the ground. Little Fool will introduce the Knight to the Trials of the area and will oversee the payment for entering the Trials. The Trials or fights will take place in an arena that will be accessed on the exit east of the trial boards. Finishing Trials will reward the Knight with various items like Geo and Charm Notches.
This guide will teach you how to reach the Colosseum of Fools and enter the Trials.
The Colosseum of Fools can be found at the top of Kingdom’s Edge. Kingdom’s Edge can be accessed in two different ways. But, this first way is the easiest. This is what the Knight must do to reach Kingdom’s Edge:
- First, ride the Stagway to King’s Station and take the exit to the left just after the Bench.
- After that, drop to the bottom and take the exit on the right which will have another Stagway sign.
- Upon entering, the Knight will see a Bench that is broken in half, a flooded Stagway Station, and two Vengeflies. Kill both Vengeflies and drop down on the water.
- Next, keep swimming to the right and go through a hidden passageway.
- Upon entering, you will encounter a dive-bombing Belfly. Dodge or hide below an elevated platform to avoid being hit.
- Then, go all the way to the right and take the exit.
- Upon entering, you will find yourself on the central cliff of Kingdom’s Edge!
The other way of reaching Kingdom’s Edge is by taking the Tram from Ancient Basin or Deepnest. To reach Kingdom’s Edge using this method, this is what the Knight must do:
- From Deepnest or Ancient Basin, enter the Tram and interact with the glowing button in the rightmost part of the Tram (if you started from Deepnest, interact with the glowing button twice to reach Kingdom’s Edge).
- Then, exit the Tram and proceed to the right and jump and dash over spike pits. The Knight will also encounter Hivelings. Once you reach all the way to the right, use the exit just above.
- You are now in Kingdom’s Edge. But, to reach the central cliff, proceed upwards using the platforms while evading or killing the Booflies and Hivelings and take the exit on the top left.
- After that, proceed a little bit to the right and before you reach the pool of acid, jump up the platform and again jump to the next platform right above it.
- Go all the way to the right where you will find three Hivelings above a pool of acid. Kill the Hivelings and jump and dash over the pool of acid to reach another platform.
- Continue to the right to see a wooden barrier just after killing two more Hivelings.
- Break the wooden barriers and exit and the Knight will be at the very bottom of the central cliff!
Upon reaching the central cliff, this is what the Knight must do to reach the Colosseum of Fools:
- In Kingdom’s Edge’s central cliff, make your way all the way up the chasm while killing or evading the enemies the Knight will encounter.
- Upon reaching the top, take the exit on the left.
- Then make your way to the top left exit of the area while killing or evading the Hoppers and dive-bombing Belflies.
- Upon entering the area, head to the left then up and you will see a wall being held up by a couple of wood. Attack the wood to break it so that the Knight may be able to access this area from the elevator shaft of the City of Tears that goes up to the Resting Grounds.
- After opening that entryway, head right where you will encounter more Belflies. Continue to head left and you will start to hear crowds and battling sounds. Enter the shell on the end of the room on the left.
- You are now at the trial boards of the Colosseum of Fools!
As mentioned above, talk to Little Fool, who is chained above the ground upon entering, and he will introduce the Trials to the Knight. Pay him a couple of Geo to start the first Trial and inspect the board just right behind him to start the Trial and enter the arena on the right.
However, if you do not want to commence battling on the Trial yet, you can enter a hole in the floor just after the three trial boards where you will find a warriors’ pit with several sleeping and non-violent Fools and a bench for the Knight to rest in. The Knight may also find in this area previous characters he has encountered: Tiso will be on the Bench if he was talked to at all previous points the Knight has encountered him, and Zote will also be in the area if he was saved in Deepnest.
In the far left of the area is a room where the Knight can find his Shade after being defeated during a Trial. Then, at the far right of the warriors’ pit, just after a breakable wall, is a Sturdy Fool relaxing in a Hot Spring, which can also generate Soul for the Knight.
An exit at the top just before the Hot Spring leads to the east side of the actual arena, where the crowd can be heard cheering the battle that is going on in the arena. The Knight can also see weapons thrown and squishes of infection just by the arena gate.
On the rightmost part of this area is another breakable wall is an exit that leads to the area outside of the back of the Colosseum of Fools. The Knight can defeat a Pale Lurker for a Simple Key in this area.