Learn how to obtain the Quick Slash Charm in Hollow Knight!
Team Cherry’s Metroidvania action-adventure game, Hollow Knight, follows the journey of a nameless warrior called the Knight as he travels through Hallownest, which is now a kingdom in ruins because of a supernatural disease. As the Knight journeys through Hallownest, he can unlock new abilities, spells, and charms that will help him traverse through different areas of Hallownest and defeat enemies.
In the game, special items give the Knight different abilities and bonuses called Charms. To equip or unequip these Charms, the Knight must sit on a Bench, and the Knight must have enough unused Notches to equip them. In this guide, we’ll learn about the Quick Slash charm.
One of the 45 Charms in the game is the Quick Slash Charm, which requires and takes up three Charm Notches. When equipped, the Quick Slash charm allows the Knight to, as its name suggests, attack using the Nail more rapidly. The charm reduces the duration of the Knight’s Nail strike by 20% and the cooldown of the Knight’s Nail strike by approximately 39%.
Because of this, not only will the Knight’s damage output be increased as the Knight can hit enemies more, but also the Knight will be able to gain more Soul as, again, the Knight can hit enemies more. With the Quick Slash charm, the Knight can now attack enemies faster!
The Quick Slash charm can be found on a huge anvil in front of the large corpse of the Ancient Nailsmith inside a hidden room in the southeasternmost part of Kingdom’s Edge.
The Knight will encounter various enemies in Kingdom’s Edge. Still, the Knight will specifically encounter the following enemies on the way to the Quick Slash charm: a Husk Hornhead, a Husk Dandy, a Gluttonous Husk, Vengeflies, Belflies, Booflies, Hoppers, Primal Aspids, Great Hoppers, and Hivelings.
Before the Knight can find the Quick Slash charm, it is recommended that the Knight has the Monarch Wings ability, which allows the Knight to perform secondary jump mid-air, the Mothwing Cloak ability, which enables the Knight to dash forwards, the Mantis Claw ability, which allows the Knight to cling to walls and jump off of them, and the Desolate Dive spell or the Descending Dark spell (which is the upgrade to the Desolate Dive spell), which allows the Knight to strike the ground with concentrated Soul. The Knight must also purchase the Lumafly Lantern, which helps the player see in the dark, from Sly in Dirtmouth. With this item, spell, and these abilities, obtaining the Quick Slash charm will be no challenge.
To find the Quick Slash charm in Kingdom’s Edge, this is what the Knight must do (this is assuming that this is the player’s first time entering Kingdom’s Edge):
- First, ride the Stagway to King’s Station and take the exit on the left just after the Bench (use the Bench if you want to heal and save your game).
- Then, drop to the bottom (kill the Husk Hornhead, Husk Dandy, and the Gluttonous Husk in the area if you want some Soul and Geo) and take the exit on the right, which will have another Stagway sign.
- Upon entering, the Knight will see a broken Bench in half, a flooded Stagway Station, and two Vengeflies. Kill both Vengeflies and drop down on the water. Swim to the right, where the Knight will go through a hidden passageway.
- The next room will be dark, so the Knight will use the Lumafly Lantern to light the room. Upon entering, you will immediately encounter a dive-bombing Belfly, so dodge or hide below an elevated platform to avoid damage. Jump up the platforms, continue to the right, where the Knight will encounter two more Belflies, then take the exit on the right.
- Upon entering, the Knight is now on the central cliff of Kingdom’s Edge! Head down the central cliff’s small platforms (where the Knight will encounter a bunch of Booflies) until you reach the bottom of the giant chasm (be careful not to fall on the pool of acid at the bottom), then head to the right and take the exit.
- Afterward, head to the right, where the Knight will encounter three Hoppers, a Primal Aspid, three more Hoppers, another Primal Aspid, and another Hopper. At the end of the path, you will see a tall wall. Get to the top of the wall by jumping and using the Mantis Claw ability to continue heading up the wall.
- Next, head to the right, drop down on the gap, continue heading right where the Knight will encounter a Great Hopper, head up the platform after the Great Hopper using the Mantis Claw ability where the Knight will encounter another Primal Aspid, drop down the gap on the right, then continue heading to the right where the Knight will encounter two more Great Hoppers.
- Then, at the end of the path is another tall wall. Head to the top of the wall using the Mantis Claw ability, then continue to the right, where the Knight will find a large house and a Bench (use the Bench if you want to heal and save your progress). The Knight will find Nailmaster Oro inside the house, who can teach the Knight the Dash Slash Nail Art for 800 Geo.
- From the Bench, continue to the right and take the exit. Then, in the next room, continue heading to the right, and near the end of the wall (it is worth noting that the Knight can still head to the right in this room and find a Soul Totem), part of the floor will start rumbling which implies that it is breakable. Let the Knight cast the Desolate Dive or the Descending Dark spell to strike, break the ground, and continue to the next hidden part of the area.
- Next, upon landing in the next area, head to the left, where some of the ground will start rumbling again (there is another Soul Totem ahead). Let the Knight cast the Desolate Dive or the Descending Dark spell to strike, break the ground, and continue. Then, upon landing, the Knight will encounter two Hoppers.
- Then, head to the left, where the Knight will encounter two more Hoppers and a Primal Aspid; at the end of the path, head up the platforms using the Mantis Claw ability; at the top, head to the left (the Knight will also find another Soul Totem on the right) where the Knight will encounter another Primal Aspid.
- After that, let the Knight stand below where you saw the Primal Aspid, and you will see that the floor will also start to rumble. Let the Knight cast the Desolate Dive or the Descending Dark spell to strike, break the ground, and continue. Then, upon landing, the Knight will be in a room with parts of the floor filled with spikes and encounter a Great Hopper. Continue heading to the left, use the Mothwing Cloak ability to dash through the narrow opening between the spikes, and take the exit.
- Next, head to the left, where the Knight will encounter another Hopper, then another Great Hopper and a Primal Aspid; head up the platforms at the end of the path, where the Knight will encounter three more Primal Aspids and three Hivelings; near the top, you will find a path to the right.
- Finally, please continue to the right until you find a large corpse and a giant anvil with something glowing. Inspect the glowing thing; the Knight has now obtained the Quick Slash charm!
Other Charms go well with the Quick Slash charm, specifically the Soul Eater charm, which allows the Knight to gain more Soul every time the Knight hits an enemy; the Soul Catcher charm, which also enables the Knight to gain more Soul every time the Knight hits an enemy which the Knight can stack with the effects of the Soul Eater charm, and the Steady Body charm, which removes the horizontal knockback whenever the Knight hits enemies with the Nail so pairing it with the Quick Slash charm means that the Knight will not be knocked back while quickly attacking enemies, the Longnail charm, which increases the range of the Knight’s Nail by 15%, and the Mark of Pride charm, which also increases the range of the Knight’s Nail but by 25% so pairing it with the Quick Slash charm means the Knight can rapidly attack enemies at a slight distance.
Now that the Knight has the Quick Slash charm, the Knight can equip it while sitting down on a Bench, and the Knight can now attack enemies with the Nail more rapidly!