Pokemon Legends: Arceus is set in olden times in the Pokemon world when it was rare to find harmony between people and Pokemon. Set in the Hisui region, modern-day Sinnoh, you will join the Galaxy Expedition Team (Galaxy Team for short) as a member of the Survey Corps stationed in Jubilife Village. You will be tasked to meet every Hisui Region Pokemon to complete the region’s first-ever Pokédex.
The Galaxy Team will task the player to do missions in the game, and various people will request help from the player. One of these requests is Request 76, titled ‘Mushroom Hunting with Swinub.’ This guide will teach you how to complete the ‘Mushroom Hunting with Swinub’ request.
Mushroom Hunting with Swinub
To unlock this request, the player must first receive “The Slumbering Lord of the Tundra” Mission, the twelfth mission in the game where the player must quell a frenzied Noble Hisuian Avalugg. Additionally, the player must complete the “What a Massive Mushroom!” Request (request 33) from the blackboard in Professor Laventon’s office and Morel from Jubilife Village. Lastly, the player must also catch a Swinub and have it in the player’s party or Pastures.
Swinub can be found around Bonechill Wastes, Whiteout Valley, in Arena’s Approach, and north of Avalugg’s Legacy in the Alabaster Icelands. It can be found in these locations at all times of day and in every weather condition.
If you plan on battling against a Swinub before catching it, it is important to mention that it is an Ice and Ground-type Pokemon which means it is weak against Fighting-type, Fire-type, Grass-type, Steel-type, and Water-type moves (super effective), a resistance to Poison-type moves (not very effective), and immune to Electric-type moves (no effect).
Swinub prefers Springy Mushrooms, Hearty Grains, and Plump Beans if you plan on distracting it with food.
After doing the requirements mentioned above, you can now start this request! To do that, head to the Galaxy Hall and proceed to Professor Laventon’s room on the left side of Captain Cyllene’s office. In Professor Laventon’s room, you will find a blackboard behind Professor Laventon himself. On this blackboard are a few requests that the player can take. Read what’s on the blackboard and select the ‘Mushroom Hunting with Swinub’ request. The ‘Mushroom Hunting with Swinub’ request has started just like that!
According to the request description, Morel of the Jubilife Village is at the Alabaster Icelands and has a request about a Swinub’s special skill. To complete the “Mushroom Hunting with Swinub” request, this is what the player must do:
- First, head out of Professor Laventon’s office and the Galaxy Hall, go to the Front Gate on the northeast of Jubilife Village, then head to the Alabaster Icelands.
- Upon arriving in the Alabaster Icelands, talk to the Galaxy Member in the Base Camp and put a Swinub in your party.
- After that, head to the Heart’s Crag on the northeastern part of the map (to get there faster, the player can press the – button to open the map, select the Pearl Settlement to fast travel there, then head a little bit southeast from there).
- In Heart’s Crag, head to the northwestern part of the area near the path and the shore of the lake. There, the player can find a man in dark green clothing named Morel.
- Talk to Morel, and he will say he is pleased to see the player. He will invite the player to hunt mushrooms in the snow. Then, Morel will say that the Pearl Clan told him that the mushrooms that grow in Heart’s Crag are quite the delicacy. However, these mushrooms are buried in the snow, and only a Swinub’s nose can find them. So, Morel will ask the player to take a Swinub out foraging and see if the player can find those mushrooms.
- Next, the player must now find three of the mushrooms that Morel was talking about. To help make the mushrooms easier to find, press the – button and then press the Y button to open the Mission & Requests menu. Once you’ve opened this menu, press the R button to go to the Requests tab, select the “Mushroom Hunting with Swinub” request, and press the A button to turn on guidance. Return to the game, and you will see three quest markers of the locations of the three mushrooms: one in the north, another in the south, and the last in the east of Heart’s Crag.
- There is no particular order of the quest marker required for players to follow. However, they will encounter and battle against a Pokemon on the quest marker east of Heart’s Crag, so it would be best to leave that last. With that in mind, head to one of the quest markers in the north or south of Heart’s Crag first, and a cutscene will play showing the player’s Swinub finding something beneath the snow. Morel will then appear and confirm that the Swinub found a mushroom and say that there are two more mushrooms left to find.
- Next, head to the other quest marker where another cutscene will play, showing the player’s Swinub finding something beneath the snow. Morel will then appear and confirm that the Swinub found a mushroom and say that there is one more mushroom left to find.
- After that, head to the quest marker east of Heart’s Crag, where another cutscene will play, showing the player’s Swinub finding something beneath the snow. However, the screen will fade to black, and once it does, a Snover will appear that the player would have to battle.
- Now the player must defeat the Snover. The Snover is a Level 50 Grass and Ice-type Pokemon, which means it has a weakness to Bug-type, Fighting-type, Fire-type, Flying-type, Poison-type, Rock-type, and Steel-type moves (super effective) and resistance to Electric-type, Grass-type, Ground-type, and Water-type moves (not very effective).
- After defeating the Snover, Morel suddenly appears, saying that he thinks the player has been wasting time with that Pokemon battle but marvels at the mushroom that the player’s Swinub found.
- After finding all three mushrooms, head back to Morel northwest of Heart’s Crag near the path and the shore of the lake.
- Talk to Morel, and he will tell the player that the player and the player’s Swinub did a great job tracking down all three mushrooms he was after and say that it was fun foraging with both the player and the Swinub. He will also mention that he is looking forward to foraging with the player elsewhere and maybe with a different Pokemon to help. However, it will be hard to top Swinub’s performance, and he will think that he might just partner up with a Swinub.
- Finally, the “Mushroom Hunting with Swinub” request is completed, and Morel will reward the player with five Sand Radishes and one Exp. Candy L.
Now that you have completed the ‘Mushroom Hunting with Swinub’ Request, you can now try to complete other requests, complete missions, or complete Arceus’ task for you, which is to catch ’em all!