The delayed pirate RPG King of Seas has a new release date after being pushed back from its originally planned release earlier this year.
3DClouds and Team17 have announced today that King of Seas will be releasing on May 25th for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. The game will also be playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility.
- Related: King of Seas Preview
The good news doesn’t stop with the release date as today marks the launch of a brand new King of Seas demo on PC, so if you want to get a feel for the game ahead of release, you can bag the demo over on Steam. Even if you’re not on a top-end desktop, the minimum requirements are quite modest, so it’s worth a look if you’re interested.
The release date announcement comes with a new trailer, too, though it’s only around 30 seconds long…
About King of Seas
King of Seas is an action role-playing game set in a deadly procedurally generated pirate world. In a ferocious plot, you will fight to regain what has been taken away and embark on an epic adventure in a fantastic world, filled with battles, lost islands and treasures. A universe full of amazing characters and breathtaking missions will keep you anchored as you strive to become the king of all pirates.
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map: A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration?
- Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.