One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Namika Ozz Shrine or A Modest Test of Strength. As the shrine’s title suggests, this shrine requires Link to prove his strength by defeating a Guardian Scout and completing the shrine. This shrine may seem intimidating, but it is fairly easy to complete. In this guide, you will learn how to complete the Namika Ozz Shrine, get the chest, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Namika Ozz Shrine can be found inside a large tree trunk-like formation in Crenel Hills, part of an island east of Hyrule Castle (or south of Woodland Tower or north of Wetland Stable). The Namika Ozz Shrine is one of eight shrines in the Central Tower region of Hyrule.
A Modest Test of Strength
Before descending to the Namika Ozz Shrine, Link has enough weapons (especially Guardian weapons as they are very effective against Guardians), shields, bows, arrows, and food (cooked or not).
Upon entering Namika Ozz Shrine, you will see an entrance to a huge room just ahead of Link. In this big room are big concrete pillars. To complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Proceed to the entrance, and after going through the door, a Guardian Scout will emerge on the ground after the gate closes behind Link. This Guardian Scout is armed with a Spear and a Battle Axe.
- Now you must kill the Guardian Scout. At the beginning of the battle, the Guardian Scout will come towards Link with slow attacks. It will attack with slow stabs with its spear and slow slices with its ax, which you will know because it will wind up. You can dodge this attack or dodge at the perfect time to perform a Flurry Rush to inflict major damage. The Guardian Scout may also shoot lasers, but this can be evaded by dodging away or deflected using the shield.
- After taking enough damage, the Guardian Scout will eventually jump back and start spinning rapidly towards Link. Before it charges towards Link, hide behind a pillar so that when it does spin towards Link, it will hit the pillar, which will cause the Guardian Scout to be stunned and will then be an opportunity to deal damage.
- After depleting its health to around half, the Guardian Scout will start to jump back and fire a constant laser in a large arc around it which will inflict damage if Link is hit. Fortunately, the spinning laser will also cause an updraft. You can jump towards the updraft and quickly use the Paraglider to go high up. Once Link is up in the air, aim the bow and arrow to slow down time and fire an arrow on its eye to stun it and deal damage. If you do not want to do that, you can stand out of the laser’s range, then aim and fire an arrow at the right time to hit the Guardian Scout’s eye and stun it and deal damage (but, come on, that first method is just cooler to do).
- When its health is nearly depleted, the Guardian Scout will turn blue and start absorbing energy while targeting Link with a red laser (like Guardian Stalkers and Decayed Guardians). After absorbing enough energy, it will fire several blasts toward its target, which can inflict major damage. To evade this, sprint or close the distance by running towards it and dodging the blasts, or you can fire arrows at its eyes and deal some damage. It is worth mentioning you can also attack it while the Guardian Scout is still absorbing energy.
- After defeating it, the Guardian Scout will drop its Ancient Battle Axe+ and Guardian Spear+ for the taking and a couple of Ancient Shafts and Screws.
- Continue up ahead towards the altar, where you will see a chest just before the altar. Open the chest to obtain a Frostspear.
- Finally, continue up the stairs and talk to the monk to claim your Spirit Orb.
The Namika Ozz Shrine or A Modest Test of Strength is one of eight shrines in the Central Tower region. The other shrines are the Wahgo Katta Shrine or the Metal Connections, the Rota Ooh Shrine or the Passing of the Gates, the Kaam Ya’tak Shrine or the Trial of Power, the Dah Kaso Shrine or A Minor Test in Strength, the Katah Chuki Shrine or A Minor Test of Strength, the Saas Ko’sah Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, and the Noya Neha Shrine or A Minor Test Of Strength.