The Rin Oyaa Shrine, or the Directing the Wind, is one of the many shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This shrine requires Link to get a glowing orb to its glowing orb socket using the gusts of air being blown out of certain points of the shrine to reach the altar. This is a fairly easy shrine to complete, and in this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Rin Oyaa Shrine, obtain the chest, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Rin Oyaa Shrine can be found near the Snowfield Stable a little bit south of the Tabantha Tundra or northeast of the Hebra Tower (the shrine can be found northwest of the Forgotten Temple in the Tanagar Canyon or east of the Kopeeki Drifts). The Rin Oyaa Shrine is one of 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region.
Directing the Wind
Upon entering the Rin Oyaa Shrine, you will see a glowing orb ahead of Link. Then, just ahead of the glowing orb, you will see the edge of the platform and the rest of the shrine: the glowing orb in the middle of the room at the top of a platform, on the north and west walls of the platform are fans that blow out air, on the south of the shrine, just below the platform that Link is on, is a ramp and platform that leads to the glowing orb socket, on the northwest, northeast, southwest, and south of the shrine are four more fans that blow out air, on the east and north of the shrine are two huge metal cubes, on the east side of the shrine is a steep ramp that leads up to a platform, and, finally, on the southeast of the shrine is the altar and the monk on top of a high platform.
To complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Let Link pick up the glowing orb, drop down from the platform, bring the glowing orb to the top of the ramp on the east of the shrine, and set it down there.
- Next, go down the ramp, press the up directional button, select the Magnesis Rune ability, press the L button to aim, aim at the huge metal cube on the northern side of the shrine, press the A button to activate and bring it to the northern wall of the platform with the glowing orb socket to block the wind from going out.
- After that, activate the Magnesis Rune ability on the huge metal cube on the western side of the shrine and bring it to the western wall of the platform with the glowing orb socket to block the wind from going out.
- Then, head back up the steep ramp on the eastern part of the shrine, pick up the glowing orb, and set it down on the ramp to roll down and then be blown to the glowing orb socket by the fans.
- This next step must be done quickly before the glowing orb reaches the glowing orb socket: after the glowing orb passes the first huge metal cube, quickly activate Link’s Magnesis Rune ability on the huge metal cube, bring it to the gap at the top of the platform above the fan on the northeastern part of the shrine, and let Link run back up the top of the steep ramp on the eastern part of the shrine.
- Once the glowing orb is in the glowing orb socket, the platform at the top of the steep ramp (Link is on) will rise to the same level as the platform with the altar and monk.
- However, before proceeding to the altar, head towards where you placed the huge metal cube earlier, and there you will see a chest across a gap. Activate Link’s Magnesis Rune ability on the huge metal cube and place it in the middle of the gap between Link’s platform and the platform with the chest.
- After that, jump and glide towards the huge metal cube, then jump and glide towards the platform with the chest. Open the chest to obtain an Ancient Core.
- Next, jump and glide towards the huge metal cube again, then jump and glide to the next platform.
- Finally, head towards the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Rin Oyaa Shrine, or the Directing the Wind, is one of 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region. The other shrines are the Goma Asaagh Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Sha Gehma Shrine or the Shift and Lock, the Hia Miu Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Mozo Shenno Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Shada Naw Shrine or the Red Giveaway, the To Quomo Shrine or Quomo’s Blessing, the Rok Uwog Shrine or the Power of Reach, the Maka Rah Shrine or the Steady Thy Heart, the Lanno Kooh Shrine or Lanno Kooh’s Blessing, the Dunba Taag Shrine or the Build and Release, the Gee Ha’rah Shrine or the Tandem, and the Qaza Tokki Shrine or Qaza Tokki’s Blessing.