The Ze Kasho Shrine or the Ze Kasho Apparatus is one of the many shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This shrine requires Link to traverse the shrine by completing certain puzzles inside the shrine with two of the puzzles involving manipulating the rotation of your Nintendo Switch or your controller and one involving lasers and a switch. This is a fairly easy shrine to complete and in this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Ze Kasho Shrine, obtain the chest, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will be able to get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ze Kasho Shrine can be found at the top of a cliff across the road from the South Akkala Stable which is just northwest of the Akkala Tower (the shrine can be found east of Eldin Tower or southeast of Kanalet Ridge and the Akkala Highlands). The Ze Kasho Shrine is one of eight shrines in the Akkala Tower region.
Ze Kasho Apparatus
Before descending on the shrine, make sure that Link has a few bows and arrows as this will make obtaining a certain chest easier.
Upon entering the Ze Kasho Shrine, you will see a glowing machine just ahead of Link, a platform filled with spikes just ahead of the glowing machine, and an entryway just ahead of the platform filled with spikes.
In order to complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Head towards the glowing machine and interact with it.
- With the glowing machine, you can control the large platform filled with spikes. The spikes-filled platform can be controlled by tilting and rotating your Nintendo Switch or controller and by doing so, you can slide several squares of spikes around the platform. The goal of this puzzle is to move the spikes around so you can create a path towards the entryway ahead. Simply move the spikes to the sides of the edges of the platform but make sure that the bottom-middle, middle, and top-middle does not have spikes so Link can just walk straight through.
- Before letting go of the glowing machine, however, make sure that the whole platform is straight so that Link can simply jump towards it and jump off towards the entryway.
- Continue on the path to the next part of the shrine.
- On the next part of the shrine, you will see a switch with a large platform that has two lasers constantly firing on the left side then another two on the right side just ahead. The goal of this puzzle is to reach the entryway on the other side of the room without dying because of the lasers or falling off the edge of the large platform. To do this, first, press and hold the up directional button, select the cube-shaped Remote Bomb Rune ability (use the cube-shaped Remote Bomb Rune ability so it will not roll off), press the L button to conjure one up, go near the switch, and press the A button to set it down near the switch.
- Then, this next part must be done in quick succession: strike the switch with Link’s weapon and this will cause the middle and right side of the platform near the switch and the middle and left side of the platform just ahead to rotate and block the lasers so, when it starts blocking the laser, quickly let Link sprint towards the center of the platform through the parts of the platform that are not rotating.
- After that, this next part must also be done in quick succession: press the L button again to detonate the cube-shaped Remote Bomb you placed earlier and hit the switch which will then cause the middle and left side of the platform near Link to rotate and block the lasers so, when it starts blocking the laser, quickly let Link sprint towards the path of the entryway through the parts of the platform that are not rotating.
- Before proceeding on the entryway, however, there is a chest at the top of the platform on the far right of the entryway. To get to the chest, this next part must also be done in quick succession: go near the left edge of the platform with the entryway, shoot the switch far back in the distance with an arrow which will cause a platform to rotate from under the platform that Link is on, then as it is rotating and is parallel to the platform that Link is on, quickly jump and get on the rotating platform and continue going to its left side to get on top of it once it stops rotating. From the top of this platform, jump and glide towards the platform with the chest. Open the chest to obtain a Silverscale Spear.
- Jump and glide towards the platform with the entryway then continue on the path to the next part of the shrine.
- On this next part, you will see the altar but the gate to enter it is still closed, another glowing machine on the left of the gate, and just in front of the glowing machine is a large platform with three glowing orbs and three pressure plates. The goal of this puzzle is to tilt and rotate the platform (by tilting and rotating your Nintendo Switch or controller) so that the three glowing orbs or on and pressing the pressure plates. Unfortunately, there is no specific technique to complete this puzzle. You would just have to keep at it until you get it.
- After successfully getting the three glowing orbs on the pressure plates, the gate to the altar will open.
- Finally, go near the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb.
As Mentioned above, the Ze Kasho Shrine or the Ze Kasho Apparatus is one of eight shrines in the Akkala Tower region. The other shrines are the Ke’nai Shakah shrine or A Modest Test of Strength, the Katosa Aug Shrine or the Katosa Aug Apparatus, the Tutsuwa Nima Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Dah Hesho Shrine or A Minor Test of Strength, the Zuna Kai Shrine or Zuna Kai’s Blessing, the Tu Ka’loh shrine or Tu Ka’loh’s Blessing, and the Ritaag Zumo shrine or Ritaag Zumo’s Blessing.