Loba is one of the most versatile Legends in Apex Legends. Her utility is unmatched as she is able to provide her teammates with items, attachments, weapons, and ammunition at any given time. In Season 11, Loba did not receive any nerfs at all. The cooldown for her Ultimate is still low making her one of the better picks in playing in ranked modes.
Her Tactical allows her to jump in and out of battles. She may be a utility Legend but her kit makes her more of an unholy combination of an assault and mobility Legend. As soon as she lands on the map, her teammates will be in full-kit in a minute. She is also a perfect in late game as she can provide her squad with a lot of supplies if they ever find a perfect place to camp within the final circles.
Who is Loba
Loba was nine years old when she saw the assassination of her family by phantom hitman Revenant. Loba lived by picking pockets after being left with nothing. Loba utilized every instrument at her disposal to lift herself out of the gutter as her talents developed. Everything changed when she broke into a purportedly impregnable facility and obtained the Jump Drive technology that was kept there. With her new teleportation bracelet, the most secure and unattainable items were within her reach. So was her dream of living the high life.
Rumors went across the Outlands that if you needed anything expensive – and well guarded- Loba was the man to go to. She was nearly able to forget about her history. But when Revenant entered the Games, her history was thrust into the present. She wrecked a facility full of Revenant bodies in her desperate attempt to murder him, sending Skull Town and Thunderdome crashing down in the process. She soon discovered, however, that it was merely one of many similar facilities buried throughout the Frontier. She’s now entered the Games in order to discover a means to permanently terminate him. It also helps that the Arenas are filled with riches just ready to be plucked. If fortune is on her side, she will have her revenge. Meanwhile, some dazzling items have piqued her interest.
Playing Loba: The Basics
Here are some of the basics to keep in mind while playing as Loba in Apex Legends:
- Uncharted Territories. Loba is not a Legend to play when you are learning the game. You need to be familiar with the maps first especially Season 11’s Storm Point, so that you can reach areas otherwise reachable by normal traversing. Also, you can put down the Black Market in corners and crevices that can reach items over mountains and buildings.
- Share your Wealth. Being the lootmaster that she is, she has the vision of epic and legendary items be they inside a bin or behind a wall. Ping these areas so that your allies can get them since they are oblivious of what you can see as Loba. Loba is one of those Legends that necessitates the use of a microphone to because of the specificity of the information she will be relaying.
- Maneater, Ladykiller. Loba is versatile in combat. Her ability to jump in high places will peg her as great candidate for sniper rifles. The same skill allows her to jump in the middle of a fight with close range weapons. Whatever you choose, make sure you have a full attachment and good armor.
- Keep them Posted. Always tell your squad that you are going to use the Black Market so that they will go to your location. They might stray too far away to utilize your Black Market. They will also spend too much time coming for your Black Market instead of scouting or normally looting if you mistimed your Ultimate.
- Eagle Eye. Loba is also a great scout. She can go ahead and look for enemies. And if she finds her she can just throw her bracelet in the direction of her teammates to reunite with them.
How to Use Loba Skills in Apex Legends
How to use Bangalore’s Passive Eye for Quality
Nearby epic and legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
Loba’s Passive ability, Eye For Quality, provides you the vision of the all the goodies all around you, illuminating all purple and gold goods through walls inside a very big radius around you. Even those inside Supply Bins are “seen”.
Below are some tips on how to take advantage of this Passive skill:
- Loba’s Passive also functions as a recon ability in that by keeping an eye on the treasure around you, you’ll notice if they ever get picked up. If a piece of treasure you spotted nearby has vanished, it indicates that someone is nearby.
- Learn the shapes of the loot so you can communicate to your teammates what you are seeing in precise details. Go to the firing range first and familiarize yourself of all the attachments, weapons, and items so that you will know in-game what are the items laying around for you and your team to loot.
- Items may be seen up to 112.5 meters away. This is also the distance that your Ultimate Black Market can reach.
How to use Loba’s Tactical Burglar’s Best Friend
Teleport to hard to reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your Jump Drive bracelet. .
You can fling your bracelet a remarkable distance in an arc into the air with a flick of your wrist. When it lands, it will teleport Loba to its location, causing a brief post-teleport delay during which you will be unable to fire or otherwise operate. The cooldown for this ability is 30 seconds.
Below are some tips on how to take advantage of this Tactical skill.
- This is useful when players are in danger or need to access difficult-to-reach regions. When players utilize this ability, it is better if they continue to move thereafter. Don’t just throw the bracelet and hope for the best. Remember, unlike Bangalore and Octane where they can use their Tactical while shooting, Loba cannot do the same. As soon as she throws her bracelet, she can’t fight until it lands or she withdraws it while it still on the air.
- Loba’s Drive Bracelet and teleportation abilities are incredibly appealing to players. Only use it when you need it. When she throws the bracelet, it makes a noise. Secondly, it’s a very noticeable object. These two qualities allow enemies to know where she’s going. You make sure to be prudent when they use this ability.
- A good usage for throwing Loba’s Drive Bracelet is to go to a spot high above the ground. Essentially, the higher, the better. Throwing the bracelet, for example, when players are on a zipline is an excellent strategy. As a result, the bracelet travels considerably faster and further. Players can also climb up to the top of buildings and toss the bracelet. There are many ways that players can experiment with this ability.
How to use Loba’s Ultimate Black Market Boutique
Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
Loba’s Ultimate, Black Market Boutique is ideal for looting ammos. You may place your market wherever you choose, and it will give you access to all adjacent items within its range. You can only take two goods from each store except for ammunitions, but the cooldown is so short, so keep putting it up as soon as it made available.
Loba’s Ultimate tips:
- The Black Market is not instantenous, it takes a considerable amount of time before you can retrieve items from it. Hence it is not wise to put it up during a firefight. Finish your fight before wading for scraps.
- Using the Black Market will signal everyone else in the area about your presence. First, the items will slightly float and wobble in the air. Second, as soon as you get items from the Black Market a silver streak will dash from the item’s location to the Black Market’s. Third, the Black Market itself is incredibly easy to see due to its luminescent color.
- The Black Market can be used in looting the Care Package without even touching it. Since Care Packages are incredibly contentious to attempt to open, putting up the Black Market is the easier way to get those lovely items.
- Fold up the Black Market because enemies can also use this too. Although, it is also a great trap. You can put up the Black Market in obvious places and let enemies near it before ambushing them.
Loba versus Other Legends
Obviously, all of the Legends will love having Loba in their squad. However, the most obvious Loba pairing is Revenant. With Revenant’s Ultimate, Loba can quickly jump into an engagement do some damage, die and be back again just in time for another teleportation. This is sacrilegious given the lore between her and Revenant, nevertheless, their pairing is potent.
On the other hand, Revenant is a dangerous opponent because of the silence. Opposing Lobas are difficult to deal with too as they will clearly just cancel each other. Pathfinder and Bloodhound neutralizes his Tactical as they can reach her with their team or precisely locate her when she is camping on top of things.