Rust: Console Edition has released a new update to tackle bugs, crashes and much more.
The ruthless multiplayer survival game Rust: Console Edition has received a new 1.04 update. However, this update is not just for show, as it will need to be installed if you want to access the serves and play the game.
The patch will address issues lurking within the game, such as loading issues, alongside fixing obscure glitches such as characters going invisible when sitting on chairs in the Bandit Camp. It will also fix crashes, including one that would occur when using a flamethrower, because who wants their game to crash when they’re in the middle of causing carnage?
The patch will also contain lots of quality of life and performance improvements, changing the game’s dynamics. For example, players will have to be even more careful as anyone sleeping can now be killed inside safe zones and directly outside the compound.
Additionally, players will have to be more aware of resource management. For instance, there will now be a reduced number of seeds from pumpkins and corn, along with planting being disabled near monuments.
Rust: Console Edition is a cruel and unforgiving survival game set in a world where everything is out to get you, and the only thing left for you to do is try to survive. Chris got the first-hand experience of this when he covered the game earlier this year, and his review definitely delves into the highs and lows of the game, so be sure to give it a read if you haven’t already.
Rust: Console Edition Update 1.04 Patch Notes
NOTE: 1.04 patch will require users to update Rust Console Edition before they are able to see the servers and play the game.
- Plugging/unplugging headset and microphone will no longer cause Xbox players to crash.
- Fixed multiple UI crashes.
- Fixed multiple crashes that happen when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with a flame thrower
- Fixed the Launch Site window exploit. Players will no longer be able to use it in order to access the Launch Site monument.
- Fixed the bug allowing players to build too close to safe zones.
- Fixed the profanity filter from being overly sensitive in blocking a player’s reason for reporting another player.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from planting pumpkins and corn in the planter.
- Fixed the chairs causing some of the players to rubber band.
- Fixed the glitch causing players to go invisible when sitting in the chairs in the Bandit Camp.
- Fixed the “Internet connection not detected, please reconnect to a stable network and try again.” error message.
Quality of life and performance improvements:
- Players can now pick up the work bench when equipped with a hammer.
- Increased planting distance between plants (pumpkins/corn) to be more inline with the PC distances. This will reduce server lag and should improve performance.
- Disable planting near monuments.
- Reduced number of seeds from pumpkins and corn.
- Fix Xbox controllers not being reacquired again after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue causing the player list to be invisible.
- Sleeping players will now be killed inside safe zones, or directly outside of the compound.
- Fixed the Xbox percentages for achievements.
- Updated Xbox invite system to work properly.
Graphics and UI:
- Fixed the issue causing players to not see the player model once they open the inventory.
- Updated Icons for Bandages, Large Medkit and Medical Syringe. Also updated the material for Bandages to match.
Source – Rust Official Website