In The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Link must complete Shrines to get Lights of Blessing. Link can exchange these Lights of Blessing for more hearts or stamina to strengthen his vitality further.
One of the many Shrines in the vastness of Hyrule is the Kyononis Shrine, otherwise called the Combat Training. Inside this Shrine, Link must perform specific moves.
Then, defeat the enemy to reach the altar at the very end of the Shrine. As this is one of the Shrines that Link found early, the Kyononis Shrine is easy to complete.
Here in this guide, we will guide you through everything Link needs to do to complete the Kyononis Shrine, find the treasure chest inside, and claim the Light of Blessing!
Link can find the Kyononis Shrine just northeast of the Central Square in the Hyrule Castle Town Ruins. This Shrine is near the entrance of Hyrule Castle. The Kyononis Shrine is one of the closest Shrines to Lookout Landing, just slightly south of the Kyononis Shrine.
To be incredibly specific, Link can find the Kyononis Shrine at these coordinates: -0204, 0451, 0020. Link will find seven Shrines on the map that the Lookout Landing Skyview Tower unlocks. One of those is the Kyononis Shrine.
Inside the Kyononis Shrine, Link must defeat a Construct by performing certain moves. As its title suggests, the Kyononis Shrine is the training area for Link’s moves while fighting enemies in the game. In this Shrine, the player will learn how to parry, side hop, backflip, perform a charged attack, and perform a Flurry Rush.
Kyononis Shrine Guide
To complete the Kyononis Shrine and claim a Light of Blessing, this is what Link must do:
- Head down the stairs, and Link will be in a large, open room. The player can see the altar of the Shrine just ahead, but the gate is closed. The path back up the stairs will be closed, and the Construct ahead will wake up and activate. Near the wall on the left is a Rusty Broadsword and a Rusty Shield. Link can use these items to defeat the Construct.
- Link will then hear a voice telling him to use a side hop to avoid the enemy’s attacks. Approach the Construct, hold the ZL button to lock on the Construct, and ready Link’s shield. Wait for the Construct to attack. Then, before the attack hits Link, press the X button to jump while using the left stick to strafe to the left or right to perform a side hop.
- Then, attack the Construct. If Link performed this correctly, it would trigger a perfect dodge, slowing down time and allowing Link to perform a Flurry Rush. Once the prompt appears, repeatedly press the Y button to perform a Flurry Rush.
- After that, Link will hear the voice again, telling him to perform a backflip to create an opening to deal damage to the enemy. Near the Construct, hold the ZL button to lock on the Construct and ready Link’s shield. Wait for the Construct to attack.
- Then, before the attack hits Link, press the X button to jump while using the left stick to move backward to perform a backflip. Then, quickly attack the Construct. Again, Link can trigger a perfect dodge by performing a backflip at the right time and then performing a Flurry Rush.
- Next, the voice will tell Link he can repel an enemy’s attack by parrying the shield at the right time. Doing this can create a window to attack the enemy. Hold the ZL button in front of the Construct to ready Link’s shield and focus on the Construct. Wait for the Construct to attack, then, just as the Construct’s weapon hits Link’s shield, quickly press the A button to parry the enemy’s attack.
- Afterward, the voice will tell Link to build up his power and release it to perform a charge attack. This can deal damage rapidly to the enemy. This, however, also consumes Link’s stamina. Near the Construct, hold the Y button to charge Link’s attack. After consuming a few of Link’s stamina, release the Y button to release the charge attack.
- Next, Link has now defeated the Construct! It will drop a Construct Bow, a Rusty Broadsword, and a Zonai Charge.
- Then, the gate to the altar is now also opened. Enter through the gate where Link will find a treasure chest. Open the chest to obtain a Zonaite Sword.
- Finally, approach the altar ahead, press the A button to examine the glowing symbol, and Link will receive a Light of Blessing!
As previously mentioned, the Kyononis Shrine, titled “Combat Training,” is one of the seven Shrines on the map that the Lookout Landing Skyview Tower unlocks.
The other six shrines in this particular area are the Ishodag Shrine, also called the “A Windy Device;” the Jiosin Shrine, also called “The Shape Rotation;” the Sepapa Shrine, also called “The Backtrack;” the Serutabomac Shrine, also called “The Way Up;” the Susuyai Shrine, also called the “A Spinning Device;” and the Yamiyo Shrine, also called the “Combat Training: Throwing.”