One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Shae Loya Shrine or the Aim for the Moment. This shrine requires Link to find and strike a switch to open the gate to access the altar and complete the shrine. This shrine may seem confusing, but it is relatively easy to complete. In this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Shae Loya Shrine, get the chest, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link is rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. You can exchange them for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. Hyrule has 120 shrines, so Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Shae Loya Shrine can be found at the top of a cliff south of the Tabantha Bridge Stable, to the west of Hyrule Ridge (or southeast of Tabantha Tower or northwest of Satori Mountain). The Shae Loya Shrine is one of seven shrines in the Ridgeland Tower region.
Aim for the Moment
Before descending to the shrine, make sure that Link has enough bows and arrows as he would need them to make certain parts of the shrine easier to complete.
Upon entering the Shae Loya Shrine, you will find a low platform just ahead of Link. On the right side of the room is a glowing orb socket, and just beyond it is a ramp with a platform that repeatedly goes out, pushing a huge glowing orb. A closed gate to the altar is on the north side of the room. To complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Before trying to solve the shrine, look back to the wall in the south (parallel to the shrine’s entrance), and you will see a wooden platform with a chest being held up by rope high on the wall. To reach the chest, shoot the rope with arrows to break it and let the chest drop to the ground. Drop down from the platform that Link is on and open the chest to obtain a Falcon Bow.
- Go back up to the platform that Link was on and get up on the low platform.
- Next, press the up directional button, select the Stasis Rune ability, press the L button to aim, and aim at the huge glowing orb that is being launched again and again on the left side of the room. Wait for it to reach its peak, and, when you are ready, press the A button to activate.
- Once the Stasis Rune ability is activated on the enormous glowing orb, shoot a couple (at least two) of arrows on it to move it. This is necessary as Link would not be able to reach the platform’s ledge of the huge glowing orb and the glowing orb socket.
- Once the timer for the Stasis Rune ability runs out, the huge glowing orb will move from its original direction and roll towards and into the glowing orb socket. This will then cause the low platform that Link is on to rise up and down repeatedly quickly. This platform is now a launcher for Link.
- Before continuing on the shrine, however, there is another chest on the top of the ramp where the glowing orb was initially located. The only way to reach the area is by using the launcher Link is on to jump high up and pressing the X button to paraglide towards the ramp. Do that, then go up the ramp and open the chest to obtain a Topaz.
- Next, drop down from the ramp, and the glowing socket, then go back to the launcher near the shrine’s entrance, but this time face the north of the shrine (the gate to the altar).
- Let the launcher throw Link up in the air, and when he hits the peak of the “jump,” you will see a switch inside a hole in the wall. Upon seeing the switch, quickly aim Link’s bow and arrow and take advantage of the slow motion to aim at the switch and shoot it with an arrow. After hitting the switch, the gate to the altar will be opened.
- Finally, go near the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Shae Loya Shrine, or the Aim for the Moment, is one of seven shrines in the Ridgeland Tower region. The other shrines are the Mogg Latan Shrine or the Synced Swing, the Toh Yahsa Shrine or the Buried Secrets, the Zalta Wa Shrine or the Two Orbs to Guide You, the Maag No’rah Shrine or Maag No’rah’s Blessing, the Sheem Dagoze Shrine or the Moving on Parallel, and Mijah Rokee Shrine or the A Modest Test of Strength.