Wondering where Risk of Rain: Returns’ save data is located? We’ll show you in this guide.
Image Credits: Disputed Origin (YouTube)
Your save data is the key to getting unlimited Lunar Coins and unlocking every item, Survivor, Skill, and Artifact in Risk of Rain: Returns. But before you can start editing your save file, however, you first need to locate and access your save data on your computer.
This quick guide will show you where to find your Risk of Rain: Returns save data.
How to Find the Save File Location for Risk of Rain: Returns
You can find your Save File for Risk of Rain: Returns in the Steam installation folder on your computer’s hard drive. You’re looking for the “remote” folder within the 1337520 folder in the Steam directory.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/userdata/<some number>/1337520/remote. The folder you’re looking for must contain the 1337520 folder. Check each folder (if there are multiple) and look for the 1337520 folder.
- After finding the 1337520 folder, open it and the “remote” folder.
- Inside the “remote” folder, you should find a save.json file. This is your Risk of Rain: Returns save file.
If you do not find your save file in the directory shown above, you can try this alternate method:
- Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming (you might have to toggle “Hidden Items” under View options)
- You should find the “Risk_of_Rain_Returns” folder. Open it, and you should find the localsave.json save file. This is your Risk of Rain: Returns save file.
Risk of Rain: Returns’ moddable save file allows you to change parameters to unlock every item, Survivor, Skill, and Artifact in the game. The first step, however, starts with finding your Risk of Rain: Returns save file. Fortunately, you can easily find the Risk of Rain: Returns save data in your Windows installation folder’s Steam userdata or AppData folder.