Swinging wild and free.
The Barbarian class is one of the most popular classes in Diablo Immortal, thanks to its high durability, great mobility, and high DPS potential. The Barbarian’s skillset provides a ton of flexibility, allowing you to build the Barbarian to be a powerful dungeon-clearing class or a raging single-target monster with tons of attack speed, damage, and mobility.
This article will look at the latter, specifically the Frenzy Raid Build for the Barbarian, which focuses on single-target melee damage.
This quick guide outlines everything you need to know about the Barbarian Frenzy Build.
What is the Frenzy Barbarian Build?
The Frenzy Barbarian Build is one of six different builds for the Barbarian class. Frenzy is a PvE build focusing on high Attack Speed, Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Hit Damage, making it a great build for inflicting high single-target DPS.
Unlike other Barbarian Builds, such as the equally popular Whirlwind Build that builds around the Barbarian’s Whirlwind Skill, Frenzy does not doesn’t rely on cooldowns to deal the bulk of its damage. Instead, the Frenzy Build aims for maximum Attack Speed and Damage through normal attacks.
Best Frenzy Barbarian Build
Below is a complete list of Skills, Stats, Legendary Gear, Legendary Gems, and Set Items that you must use to maximize the Barbarian Frenzy Build.
The Frenzy Build utilizes one of the Barbarian class’ Primary Attacks that increases attack speed after every hit. The idea is to supplement Frenzy’s attack speed with even more attack speed buffs in the Wrath of the Berserker while providing the necessary mobility to keep enemies within striking range.
Hammer of the Ancients is added to provide huge burst damage whenever it is off cooldown. At the same time, Undying Rage takes advantage of the Barbarian’s high attack speed to heal the Barbarian while it is active.
- Wrath of the Berserker
- Hammer of the Ancients
- Furious Charge
- Undying Rage
Regarding Stats, you will want as much Strength as possible since this naturally increases the Barbarian’s Damage and Combat Rating stats. You will also want more Attack Speed to further supplement Frenzy’s effect.
Because of the Frenzy build’s naturally high Attack Speed, Crit Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage are top priorities, as these substantially increase the Barbarian’s DPS output. The faster the Barbarian can fire off one attack to the next, the more often a Critical Hit can potentially proc, leading to increased damage.
- Strength – increases Damage and Combat Rating
- Attack Speed – synergizes with Frenzy.
- Vitality – gives extra life required to survive face-to-face combat against bosses in PvE Raids.
- Critical Hit Chance uses Frenzy and Wrath of the Berserker’s high attack speed to proc more frequently.
- Critical Hit Damage – synergizes with Critical Hit Chance and Attack Speed.
Specific Legendary Gear can modify the effect and stat bonuses of some Skills, such as Hammer of the Ancients, Wrath of the Berserker, and Furious Charge, to make them even more powerful.
- Stonefall – increases Hammer of the Ancients damage by 10%
- The Remembered – summons a Spirit of the Ancients that will fight alongside you briefly and stun nearby enemies
- Davin’s Legacy – adds an extra charge to Hammer of the Ancients
- Lasting Hate – adds 30% more duration to Wrath of the Berserker
- The Coming Storm – decreases Wrath of the Berserker’s Cooldown by 15%
- Screaming Fury – changes Furious Charge’s targeting mechanic. Damages and knocks enemies along its path. Adds one charge to Furious Charge.
You will want Legendary Gems that increase damage output and attack speed to push the Frenzy Build’s damage output further. Legendary Gems such as Fervent Fang will play nicely with your high attack speed, while Ca’arsen’s Invigoration increases attack speed by a bit as well.
- Berserker’s Eye
- Blood-Soaked Jade
- Ca’arsen’s Invigoration
- Fervent Fang
- Power and Command
The War Rags of Shal’bass are great for increasing Primary Attack Damage and Attack Speed. These set items will complement the Frenzy Build’s high Attack Speed and Attack Damage potential.
- War Rags of Shal’bass
- Burning Heart of Shal’bass
- Resting Fangs of Shal’bass
- Braided Serpent of Shal’bass
- Storm-Tack of Shal’bass
- Dozen Strikes of Shal’bass
- Wind-Trods of Shal’bass
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Barbarian Frenzy Build
Like all builds in Diablo Immortal, you must sacrifice one thing for another when going for specific builds for classes such as the Barbarian.
Regarding the Frenzy Build, you are trading AoE damage and survivability for high attack speed and DPS. While this build works well for dealing with bosses in PvE Raids, it won’t work as well for PvP or PvE Elder Rifts.
- Monstrous single-target damage
- Decent mobility with Furious Charge
- Straightforward gameplay with little to no Skill management
- The abysmal mob-clearing ability for PvE content such as Elder Rifts
- Cooldown-dependent gameplay
- Requires careful Life management due to lack of durability
The Barbarian Frenzy build is the best PvE Raid build for the Barbarian class in Diablo Immortal. The build’s high attack speed and damage let the Barbarian deal as much damage as possible through normal attacks, making it great for toe-to-toe combat against bosses in raids.