Fortnite is one of the most popular online games for numerous reasons. Besides being available across multiple platforms (including PS4), players can upgrade using different cosmetic items, including skins.
Fortnite often collaborates on these skins with big names from popular culture and movie franchises, which makes the skins even more appealing. Although skins do not impact your performance in the game and have a purely aesthetic effect, they have nonetheless become trendy.
Most gaming cosmetic tools often require you to open up your wallet and spend some V-Bucks (Fortnite currency). But if you are wondering how to get free skins in Fortnite (or whether that is even possible), you have come to the right place. This article will discuss everything you need to know about free skins available in Fortnite.
Fortnite How to Get Free Skins PS4
There are various ways of getting free skins in Fortnite on PS4, but it is important to note they are usually time-limited and require you to participate in a challenge. Another option is to enable two-factor identification and win free items, including skins.
Fortnite organizes events that give you a chance to win cosmetic items. These events are occasional and require you to show a certain skill level to win awards.
Battle Pass is a feature that enables players to unlock different cosmetic items and win free skins. But, here’s the catch: you need to purchase the Battle Pass to get a chance to win. A battle pass costs 950 V-Bucks (around $10) and lasts for one season.
In addition to winning free and exclusive cosmetic items, you can also earn V-Bucks. If you reach level 100, you can win up to 1,000 V-Bucks, enough to purchase a Battle Pass for the next season.
BattlePass holders also get access to more challenges, thus increasing the chances of winning free skins.
Fortnite developers (EpicGames) encourage players to protect their accounts by offering free items once they set up the two-factor authentication.
Here is how to do it:
- Go to the EpicGames website and sign in to your account.
- Click Profile and hit the “ACCOUNT.”
- Press “Password & Security.”
- Under “Two-Factor Authentication,” select the option you prefer: Authenticator App, SMS Authentication, or Email Authentication.
If you subscribe to PlayStation Plus, you will receive a free Celebration Pack. The content changes occasionally, so make sure to check before subscribing.
Besides receiving free skins, subscribing to PlayStation Plus has numerous perks such as exclusive game content, discounts, storage, etc.
Fortnite How to Get Free Skins Xbox One
There are multiple ways to get free skins in Fortnite on your Xbox One. However, note that you will have to take some action to get them.
One way of receiving free skins is participating in different events and quests. The quests are randomly organized throughout one season, so follow the website to stay in the loop.
The developers also organize Character Cups several times per season, enabling you to win skins before release. The Cups are also time-limited and random.
Battle Pass holders enjoy various perks, including the chance to win V-Bucks and free cosmetic items. Plus, if you have a Battle Pass, you will have access to more challenges and quests.
One Battle Pass lasts for one season, and it costs 950 V-Bucks. After the season ends, you will need to purchase a pass. Whether the Battle Pass is worth it, its price depends on what you want from the game. If you see it as a social experience, a chance to win rewards by completing challenges, and enjoy customizing your experience, Battle Pass is an excellent addition.
As you level up, you will receive different rewards.
Keep your EpicGames account protected and get a reward for it. The prizes change from time to time. The two-factor authentication adds extra protection to your account and keeps intruders away even if they guess your password.
Here is how to set up the two-factor authentication:
- Visit the EpicGames website and sign in to your account.
- Select “ACCOUNT” from the drop-down menu under Profile.
- Select “Password & Security.”
- Under “Two-Factor Authentication,” select one of the three options.
Fortnite How to Get Free Skins Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch users can win free skins in Fortnite in multiple ways.
Occasional events, cups, and quests give you a chance to win numerous cosmetic items, including free skins. The events are organized several times during one season. Sometimes, you will be required to complete challenges; other times, you will be ranked based on your performance.
Since many skins are only available for a particular season, these events are always time-limited.
Whenever a new skin is scheduled to be released, you will get a chance to participate in Character Cups and win it before it’s available in the shop.
With every new season, you get a chance to purchase a Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks. The pass offers numerous perks, including a chance to win exclusive skins and other rewards. As you level up, you will have access to more cosmetic items and a chance to win more money. You could earn enough money to purchase the next season’s Battle Pass.
Keeping your account and purchased items protected from intruders is essential. EpicGames recognizes the need for additional protection and offers two-factor authentication. To encourage players to set it up, EpicGames offers free items. Keep in mind the rewards change occasionally.
Follow these instructions to set up two-factor authentication:
- Visit the EpicGames website and sign in to your account.
- Open the account page.
- Click “Password & Security.”
- Select one of the three options under “Two-Factor Authentication.” You can choose between Authenticator App, SMS Authentication, or Email Authentication.
How Do I Purchase Skins in Fortnite?
You can purchase skins in Fortnite in the Item Shop. Before jumping to it, you will need to buy V-Bucks, the official Fortnite currency.
Here are the prices for different amounts of V-Bucks:
• 1,000 V-Bucks = $9.99
• 2,500 V-Bucks = $24.99. You will also get an additional 300 V-Bucks as a bonus.
• 6,000 V-Bucks = $59.99. You will also receive 150 V-Bucks as a bonus.
• 10,000 V-Bucks = $99.99. You will also receive an extra 3,500 V-Bucks as a bonus.
Once you have V-Bucks, follow the steps below to purchase a skin:
1. Log in to your account and press “Item Shop” at the top.
2. Choose a skin you like.
3. Press “Purchase items.” You can also buy it as a gift.
Head to the ” Locker ” section whenever you want to change your skin, head to the “Locker” section.
If you have purchased the wrong skin by accident, press the triangle at the bottom to cancel the purchase right away.
What Are the Rarest Skins in Fortnite?
Ever since its release in 2017, Fortnite has released multiple skins. Since new skins get released every season, some are only available at the beginning of a season, making them extremely rare today.
Here is a list of the top 10 rarest skins in Fortnite:
1. Aerial Assault Trooper – This skin was available only during the first Fortnite Season, which means only the earliest players have it. It was available for 1,200 V-Bucks at level 15.
2. Renegade Raider – Another skin available in Chapter 1, Season 1. It also cost 1,200 V-Bucks, and you could purchase it after reaching level 20.
3. Galaxy – Samsung Galaxy users were the first to try out the Fortnite mobile app. This skin was available only for Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4 users.
4. Hacivat – The last time this skin appeared in the Item Shop was December 15, 2018, which means only long-time players have it.
5. Black Knight – This skin was available in Chapter 1, Season 2. Only Battle Pass holders that reached level 70 could purchase it, so very few players have it.
6. Double Helix – The skin was available only within the Nintendo Switch x Fortnite bundle, introduced in Chapter 1, Season 6.
7. Honor Guard – Although this skin is still available, you can only get it if you have the Honor View 20. Honor Guard is one of the priciest skins in Fortnite.
8. Black Widow – As a part of the Fortnite x Marvel collaboration, Black Widow was first released in 2018, and the last time it was available in the Item Shop was May 2019.
9. The Reaper – This skin was available in Chapter 1, Season 3. It was a reward for Battle Pass holders that reached level 100, making it extremely rare. The skin is similar to the John Wick skin featured in the Item Shop multiple times.
10. Dark Voyager – Like the Reaper, this skin made its appearance in Chapter 1, Season 3, which was the only time it was available. Players had to reach level 70 to get it.
Win the Game With Style
Even though skins will not impact your game performance, they are a popular way to show your status, style, and experience. You can win free skins by participating in different events, cups, and quests. Alternatively, you can purchase a Battle Pass and use it to level up and win free items, including skins.
We hope this article taught you how to get free skins in Fortnite. We hope you learned more about how to purchase them and what the rarest skins are.
What is your favorite skin in Fortnite? Did you ever win free skins in the game? Tell us in the comments section below.