This guide will tell you how to acquire the three odd-looking, life-sized, decorative statues locked away in hidden boxes somewhere in Stardew Valley.
Stardew Valley has been dominating the 2D farming simulator market for years, and one of the reasons it is so popular is its ever-growing huge content. The indie game’s creator, ConcernedApe, has been indulging us with new features and hidden secrets over time. However, these three secret statues have been hidden in certain areas since the Stardew Valley’s initial release. And if you have not acquired any of them yet, here are the ways to do it.
The Cryptic Lost Book
The Pelican Town Museum shelters not only the finest ancient artifacts in history but also displays some books authored by several residents of Stardew Valley. These pieces of literary works are often found by digging up Artifact Spots or by tilling soil in the Skull Cavern or the Mines. You can also acquire some through fishing Treasure Chests.
Like the Secret Notes, Lost Books provide hidden knowledge about the town and its residents. One particular untitled Lost Book has the most unintelligible text and contains this message:
“Solok Ulan Paa Eno Ra Coto Ulan Coto Ulan Mabo Bel Eno Ra Teba Omi Walo Nemo
Dop Ulan Coto Kui Mabo Awa Yoba Omi Solok Awa Lon Omi Omi Nemo
Solok Teba Ra Awa Nemo Gawa Eno Bel Ulan Nemo Teba Omi Yoba Bel Omi Xi”
It can be deduced that there is no way to comprehend this message, and there must be another clue or item you need to figure this puzzle out. If you are familiar with Acrostics, you will understand the message by spelling out the phrases with the first letters of each word. But if you look at it closely, you may notice that each word begins with a capital letter.
The Secret Statues
The decoded phrases tell you the items you will need to get to unlock the Hidden Locked Boxes and where you can find them. Here is what you will need to do to acquire the three secret statues:
??HMTGF?? – SUPER CUCUMBER TOWN
- To acquire the first statue, get a Super Cucumber first to be used as an offering to the locked box. Super Cucumbers are caught at the Beach during nighttime in Summer and Fall. You can also catch one when you go on a Fishing Submarine Tour during the Night Market Festival. The Traveling Merchant will also sell a Super Cucumber on random occasions.
- Make your way to the town and head to the Blacksmith. Walk to the north of the said building, and look for the brown box partially hidden in an area full of trees and surrounded by fences.
- Interact with the box while holding the Super Cucumber, and you will acquire the ??HMTGF?? statue.
??Pinky Lemon?? – DUCK MAYO SALOON
- The second line tells you that you need a Duck Mayo to get the statue. Obtain a Duck Mayo by putting a Duck Egg in the Mayonaise Maker.
- Go to the Stardrop Saloon and walk towards the room where Gus stores his barrels. Look for the hidden grey box on the left side of the room.
- Offer the Duck Mayo to the box, and you will get the ??Pinky Lemon?? statue.
??Foroguemon?? – STRANGE BUN TOY BOX
- To get the third statue, you will need to befriend Vincent so that you can gain access to his room, where his toy box is located. You can gain friendship hearts with the boy if you constantly chat with him and give him Grapes, Pink Cake, and Snails, which are some of his favorite gifts.
- Make a Strange Bun using Flour, Periwinkle, and Void Mayonnaise as ingredients. You can also pick up a Strange Bun after killing a Shadow Brute. Gus from the Saloon, the Traveling Merchant, and Krobus may also have them in stock on some days.
- Vincent lives in the blue house at 1 Willow Lane, beside Emily and Haley’s home. Head to his room and give the toy box a Strange Bun to get the ??Foroguemon?? Statue.
And that’s how you acquire the three secret statues locked in hidden boxes. These strange statues may take up space due to their massive size, but they could liven up a room if you place them in a fully upgraded house or a big shed. Check out our other Stardew Valley guides here on Player Assist as well!