One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Ishto Soh Shrine or Bravery’s Grasp. This Shrine requires Link to figure out a way to reach the altar using the switch at the bottom of the Shrine that can change the height of the platforms inside. This Shrine may seem confusing, but it is pretty simple. In this guide, you will learn how to complete Ishto Soh Shrine, obtain the chests inside, and claim a Spirit Orb.
Link is rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. You can exchange the Spirit Orbs you obtain for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ishto Soh Shrine is located at the top of a tall cliff west of Oseira Plains or east of Mount Granajh. You can find these areas to the southwest of Faron Grasslands and just by the border of the Wasteland Tower Region. The Ishto Soh Shrine is one of six shrines in the Lake Tower region.
To reach the Ishto Soh Shrine, you can slowly climb up the cliff by going around it from Oseira Plains as the altitude increases around the cliff. Alternatively, if you have already completed the Suma Sahma Shrine at the top of the snowy Mount Granajh, you can start there by heading east, and from the cliff of the mountain, you will immediately see the Ishto Soh Shrine. Jump off the cliff and paraglide towards the Shrine surrounded by rubbish. If you choose this method, make sure you have enough stamina to survive the paraglide and have cold-resistant clothes to survive the snowy Mount Granajh.
Upon entering the Ishto Soh Shrine, you will see Link is at the top of a tall platform, and just ahead, on a distant platform, you will immediately see the altar. Check your surroundings, and you will see at the bottom of the tall platform that Link is on that there is a switch in the middle. Ahead of that is a moving platform that repeatedly moves from left to right and vice versa. There are also platforms with alternating heights right in front of the platform. You will find a chest at the top in the middle of the platforms. Then, to the south of the switch (the gap between the platform of the entrance and the altar platform), you will find a small cube that constantly emits a laser, which can inflict damage to Link if he is hit.
- Head down the ramp and towards the cube that emits a laser. Then, press the up directional button and select the Stasis Rune ability, press the L button to aim on the cube, and press the A button to activate it. The Stasis Rune ability will stop the cube from emitting a laser while the Stasis is activated. Take advantage of this. and go towards the chest. Open the chest to obtain a Topaz.
- Next, go near the cube that emits a laser, pick the cube up, bring it to the moving platform that moves side to side, and place it there with the laser firing to the south of the shrine. This will cause the switch to be hit repeatedly with the laser every time the platform moves from side to side. This would then cause the platforms that were on alternating height to be raised higher, then on the same height, then back to alternating again every time the switch is hit.
- After that, go back up the ramp and up the platform with the entrance to the shrine and wait for the tall platforms to be set on alternating heights again. Once the platforms are on alternating heights, jump and glide towards the low platform that’s nearest to the tall platform with the chest.
- Upon landing, wait for the switch to be hit again by the laser so that the platform will be raised higher. Then, move towards the chest. Open the chest to obtain an Ancient Core.
- Next, jump and glide down to the end of the big flight of stairs that leads to the altar.
- Stand and wait on the rising platforms until Link is raised to reach the next platform. Do this for the next several steps of the flight of stairs.
- Once you reach the platform of the altar, go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Ishto Soh shrine, or the Bravery’s Grasp, is one of six shrines in the Lake Tower region. The other shrines are the Ka’o Makagh Shrine, or the Metal Doors Open the Way, the Pumaag Nitae Shrine or A Minor Test of Strength, the Shae Katha Shrine or Shae Katha’s Blessing, the Ya Naga Shrine or Shatter the Heavens, and the Shoqa Tatone Shrine or A Modest Test of Strength.