One of the differences of Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee from other Pokémon games is the switch from Hidden Machines to Secret Techniques. These Secret Techniques can be learned by your Pikachu or Eevee, depending on which version of the game you own, to use outside of battle to help you clear obstacles and travel all over the Kanto region. So, yes, basically, the Hidden Machines or HMs in the previous Pokémon games. In this guide, you will learn how to obtain the Strong Push Secret Technique.
The Strong Push Secret Technique allows your Pikachu or Eevee to move and slide large objects like the big blocks you see in some of the caves in the game. Having this Secret Technique at your disposal allows you and your partner Pokémon to access areas and little corners and spaces that were previously inaccessible.
The Strong Push Secret Technique is this game’s equivalent of HM Strength. Every HM from the previous Pokémon games has been changed: Cut has been changed to the Chop Down Secret Technique, Surf has been changed to the Sea Skim Secret Technique, Fly to Sky Dash Secret Technique, and, finally, Flash to Light Up Secret Technique.
You’re So Strong, Pikachu/Eevee!
As veteran Pokémon players know, you can’t just access these abilities from the get-go. Your trainer must first be able to reach Fuschia City. Then, to obtain the Strong Push Secret Technique, this is what your trainer must do:
- Just on the right of the Pokémon Center of Fuschia City, drop down the ledge and enter the house of the Safari Zone Warden which will be the first house you see .
- You’ll find the Warden inside the house. Talk to him and you’ll see that he talks funny because he lost his dentures. What he’s actually saying is that he is asking for your help to retrieve his dentures which can be found in Route 19.
- To retrieve his dentures, go out of his house and go to Route 19 which is just down the stairs in front of the Pokémon Center (as the Pokémon Center is above a ledge, you would have to go all the way around to reach it). After going down the stairs, a cutscene will start with the Team Rocket where they’ll find some gold teeth (yuck) and, as they don’t have any use for it, they’ll thrust it upon you (not kidding, that’s what it really says in the game).
- After the cutscene, go back up the stairs, drop on the ledge on the right of the Pokémon Center, and go back inside the house of the Safari Warden.
- Talk to the Warden again, give him his teeth back, and he’ll pop it right back in (again, yuck). Then, as a reward, he’ll give you a Safari Set and he’ll teach your partner Pokémon the Strong Push Secret Technique!
To use the Strong Push Secret Technique, Press A to interact with a big block with a drawing of a Pokéball, select yes on the prompt, and just like that your Pikachu/Eevee will push the big block one space away in front of you!
Who knew something so cute like your Pikachu or Eevee has the strength to push big blocks that’s about ten times their size? Now that your partner Pokémon has the Strong Push Secret Technique, it’s now easier to go to different parts of the Kanto Region blocked by big blocks and continue striving to be the very best like no one ever was!