Bub and Bob strike back
Survios, best known for its PSVR efforts, is hard at work polishing off the final touches to Bub and Bob’s return to gaming’s forefront with Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey – the first 3D iteration in the long-running series.
The new trailer presented today shows how the game will play on traditional screens as well as in PSVR. You’ll be able to play the entirety of the game – 100 levels of bubbly puzzles – completely within the PSVR headset if you wish to do so. You’ll even be able to switch in and out of PSVR mode whenever you feel the need, which is a neat touch.
On the controls front, there’s nothing to suggest you will need the PS Move wand controllers, though they are an option. The PlayStation Store page for Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey doesn’t make any note stating that they’re specifically needed, so it’s likely you’ll be able to play with the DualShock 4 if you want to use the game’s VR mode.
When is Puzzle Bobble 3D coming out?
Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey is releasing on October 5th, 2021. It’ll be available on PS5, PS4, and it’ll be playable in PSVR mode. If you buy the game on PS4, you’ll get a free upgrade to the PS5 version of the game at no extra cost, too, which is another nice touch. Something Sony doesn’t seem particularly fond of…
Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey Gameplay Trailer (PS5, PS4, PSVR)
- 100 New, 3D Puzzles: For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, spin, color-match and solve 3D bubble configurations with added depth and physics.
- A Classic Remade for Cross-Reality Play: Fully playable on PS4, PS5 or in PS VR – swap seamlessly in and out of a headset on the PS4 version.
- Optional PS VR Support: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon to tackle puzzles in a new first-person perspective, with physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers.
- 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS5, PS4 and PS VR.
- Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play; Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduces puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way.
- Color Blindness Accessibility Options: 3 distinct Color Blindness Accessibility options make it possible for players who have R/G, B/Y or UNI to play.