Like its predecessor, Link must unlock a region’s map in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. In this game, doing so will give the player a view of the area of the region’s surface in Link’s map and the mini-map and the area high above it.
This means the player will know if and how many Sky Islands are above the region. Link would have to activate Ancient Sheikah Towers in the previous game to do something similar. In Tears of the Kingdom, however, Link will find different towers: Skyview Towers.
However, some of the Skyview Towers in the game require a few puzzles that Link must solve before activating them. One such tower is the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower. In this guide, we’ll discuss how to open the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower to unlock the map for its region!
Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower
The Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower is one of 15 Skyview Towers that Link finds in the game. This Skyview Tower unlocks the map in the nearest area east of Central Hyrule. Link will find a part of the West Necluda region and a portion of the Lanayru Wetlands in this region. Link will find these important locations: Kakariko Village, the Ring Ruins, and the East Hill Chasm.
Link can find the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower up a hill east of Riverside Stable. This Skyview Tower is near the road that leads to Kakariko Village. To be more specific, the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower is in these coordinates: 1344, -1170, 0166.
How to Open the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower
Reaching the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower is no challenge at all. The real challenge is that Link cannot open it from the outside.
Once Link reaches this Skyview Tower, he will see a Rito named Billson near the entrance to the Skyview Tower. Talk to Billson, and he will say there’s a small problem, so select “What’s going on?” on the prompt. He will then say he is here to repair the Skyview Tower, but its doors will not open.
After a few bits of dialogue, he will say that he has worked up an appetite figuring out why. So, he will say tasty mushrooms are in the nearby caves. Select “Caves?” on the prompt, and Billson will say that there are caves at the bottom of the hill they are on.
Link must first have a few hammer-type weapons before attempting to open the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower. He can make a basic one by combining Rocks and a base weapon using the Fuse ability. Link must have a few hammer-type weapons as they will be used heavily. Having a few will ensure that Link can use another one after the previous one runs out of durability and breaks.
Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower: Step-by-Step
To open the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower, Link must do the following:
- From the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower, head down the cliff on the northwest. Link will find an entrance to the Sahasra Slope Cave on the cliff’s wall.
- Next, enter the cave, and Link will find a breakable rock wall there. Break parts of the wall using the hammer-type weapon to create a path. Most of the path inside this cave is filled with these breakable rocks. That is why a few hammer-type weapons are required.
- If Link sticks to the left side of the wall, Link will arrive in a large open area with two Horriblins and a Blue Horriblin. Link will also find a few ore deposits in this open area, items like Brightbloom Seeds and Brightcaps, and a pond with a few Hot-Footed Frogs. To continue with the objective, keep destroying the breakable rocks while sticking to the right side of the wall near the cave entrance.
- Next, Link will find a small opening on the right while destroying the breakable rocks and following the right wall. Enter through this opening, where Link will find a large concrete rock. Link can move this large rock using the Ultrahand ability and find another opening. Inside this opening are a few ore deposits and the Bubbulfrog.
- Then, in the room where the large concrete rock was found, Link will find the middle of the ceiling protruding slightly. Hold the L button and select the Ascend ability with the right stick. Then, move Link so the target above him is on the protruding part of the ceiling.
- Once the target is green, press the A button to head up and phase through the ceiling. After Link is through, he will be inside the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower. Press the A button to emerge on top.
- After that, you will find a couple of Long Sticks barring the Skyview Tower’s sliding doors. Hold the L button again and select the Ultrahand ability with the right stick. Aim on one of the Long Sticks and press the A button to grab it. Move this Long Stick away from the door. Do the same for the other Long Stick.
- Finally, approach the doors and press A to open them. Link can now access the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower!
Billson will be surprised after opening this Skyview Tower, so Link will explain. Billson will then wonder if the sticks were there, to begin with, or if some monster did that. He will then thank Link and start working on the Skyview Tower’s repairs. After that, Billson will leave, and Link can now activate the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower!
Area of the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower
In the map unlocked by the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower, Link will be able to find the following:
Link will find nine Shrines in the map covered by the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower:
|Eshos Shrine||1564, -1945, 0157|
|Jojon Shrine||1202, 0329, 0027|
|Jonsau Shrine||1743, 0018, 0025|
|Kurakat Shrine||2362, -0511, 0156|
|Makasura Shrine||1770, -1050, 0166|
|Morok Shrine||1183,-0780, 0133|
|O-ogim Shrine||2755, -1089, 0100|
|Ren-iz Shrine||0756, 0823, 0082|
|Tukarok Shrine||0915, -0250, 0035|
In this area, Link can take on five Side Adventures:
|Bring Peace to Necluda!||Talk to Hoz near the Fort Hateno wall||2205, -1791, 0016|
|Honey, Bee Mine||Talk to Beetz camped near the path to Kakariko Village from Kakariko Bridge||2162, -1383, 0111|
|Serenade to Cotera||Talk to Mastro near the Dueling Peaks Stable||1755, -1956, 0010|
|Princess Zelda Kidnapped?!||Talk to Penn on top of the Dueling Peaks Stable||1758, -1925, 0039|
|The Missing Farm Tools||Talk to Penn near the Wetland Stable||0874, -0159, 0025|
Link can start nine Side Quests in the area covered by the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower:
|An Uninvited Guest||Talk to Ami near the Wetland Stable||0865, -0171, 0025|
|Codgers’ Quarrel||Talk to Trissa inside the General Store in Kakariko Village||1790, -1030, 0115|
|Follow the Cuccos||Talk to Trissa inside the General Store in Kakariko Village after completing the “Codgers’ Quarrel” Side Quest||1790, -1030, 0115|
|A Trip Through History||Talk to Bugut in Kakariko Village||1843, -0970, 0115|
|Out of the Inn||Talk to Dai inside the Inn in Kakariko Village||1836, -1022, 0116|
|Gloom-Borne Illness||Talk to Lasli sitting near a cooking pot in Kakariko Village||1908, -0999, 0127|
|The Ultimate Dish?||Talk to Moza at the bottom of the Rikoka Hills Well northwest of Kakariko Village||1711, -0653, 0013|
|A Picture for Dueling Peaks Stable||Examine the empty frame inside the Dueling Peaks Stable||1756, -1929, 0010|
|A Picture for Wetlands Stable||Examine the empty frame inside the Wetland Stable||0897, -0146, 0026|
In this area, Link will also find eight Wells:
|Kakariko Village Well||1874, -1041, 0123|
|Wetland Stable Well||0884, -0193, 0026|
|Wetland Stable South Well||0860, -0262, 0026|
|Rikoka Hills Well||717, -0648, 0023|
|Lanayru Wetlands Well||1219, -0400, 0010|
|Goponga Village Ruins Well||1527, -0326, 0011|
|Zauz Island Well||1434, -0134, 0010|
|Moor garrison Ruins Well||1542, 0171, 0009|
Link can discover 11 Caves in the area covered by the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower:
|Sahasra Slope Cave||1344, -1170, 0166|
|Crenel Peak Cave||1145, 0247, 0058|
|Crenel Hills Cave||0494, 0732, 0042|
|Cucco Hideaway||1613, -1239, 0033|
|Kakariko Village Cave||1949, -0980, 0159|
|Dueling Peaks North Cave||1193, -1857, 0159|
|Dueling Peaks South Cave||1188, -1945, 0246|
|Byroad to Lanayru Wetlands||1613, -1239, 0033|
|Rebonae Bridge Cave||0841, 0028, 0019|
|Fort Hateno Cave||2250, -1685, 0023|
|Lanayru Road South Cave||2669, -1313, 0115|
Opening the Sahasra Slope Skyview is a simple testament to the puzzles Link must solve in the game. These puzzles are not only for Skyview Towers but also for caves, wells, and Shrines. With this Skyview Tower activated, Link can emerge from the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower ready to face whatever awaits him on this epic quest to save Hyrule!