One of the first couple of Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the Ukouh Shrine. This Shrine is also called The Ability to Create. The Ukouh Shrine will give Link the game’s new Ultrahand ability.
To complete this shrine, Link must use the Ultrahand ability to overcome the shrine’s various obstacles and reach the altar. The Ukouh Shrine may seem confusing, especially for new players, but the shrine is very easy to complete. This guide discusses completing the Ukouh Shrine, opening the chest, and claiming the Light of Blessing!
Before Link can attempt to complete this shrine, Link must first head to the Temple of Time. This is part of the “Find Princess Zelda” Main Quest. Upon reaching the area at the start of the game, Rauru, the source of Link’s new right arm, will explain that Link must first restore the arm’s power to open the temple. To do that, Rauru will continue that Link must complete Shrines. Rauru will then point to a Shrine in the distance, the Ukouh Shrine.
After that, a new Main Quest will start called “The Closed Door.” The link must complete the Ukouh Shrine as part of this Main Quest.
Link can find the Ukouh Shrine up a cliff in the northern part of the Great Sky Island. This Shrine is just southwest of the Temple of Time. Specifically, the Ukouh Shrine is at the coordinates: 0274, -0913, 1460. The Ukouh Shrine is one of four Shrines that Link can find on the Great Sky Island.
Ukouh Shrine: The Ability To Create
Upon entering the Shrine, Rauru will appear and explain that this is a Shrine of Light filled with light that purges evil. He will also say that he believes this light can restore an ability from Link’s new arm.
After that, Link will learn the Ultrahand ability. This ability will allow Link to grab and move objects freely, rotate them, and attach them to other objects. The Ultrahand ability allows Link to build different things with only imagination as the limit. This ability works similarly to the Magnesis ability in Breath of the Wild but is not restricted to metallic objects and with more possibilities.
The Ukouh Shrine serves as the tutorial for the Ultrahand ability. So, Link will heavily use this ability to complete this shrine.
Ukouh Shrine Guide
To complete this shrine, here is the Ukouh Shrine guide:
- Head down the stairs, and Link will find a large gap in the floor and a large concrete slab. Press the L button to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at the large concrete slab, and press the A button to grab it. Use the concrete slab to create a bridge for the large gap. Cross the gap using this concrete bridge.
- This next part has a larger gap in the floor with two concrete slabs. Press the L button to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at one of the large concrete slabs, and press the A button to grab it. Move this concrete slab near the other concrete slab with their shorter sides touching. Hold the R button and use the directional buttons to rotate the concrete slab if necessary. Press the A button to attach the concrete slab to the other and create a longer concrete slab. Then, press the L button again to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at the now attached concrete slabs, and press the A button to grab it. Use the attached concrete slabs to create a bridge for the large gap. Cross the gap using these slabs of concrete to continue.
- After that, press the L button again to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at the attached concrete slabs, and press the A button to grab it. Bring this long concrete slab to the northeast corner of the wall, where there is a slightly elevated platform. Drop it so that one end is on top of the elevated platform and the other is on the floor to create a ramp. Head up the ramp to find a treasure chest. Open the chest to obtain a piece of Amber.
- Next, continue on the shrine, and Link will find a larger gap connected by a rail. Near this gap are large hooks and a large wooden board. Press the L button to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at the large wooden, and press the A button to grab it. Place the wooden board flat on the floor. Press the L button to aim the Ultrahand ability and aim at one of the hooks. Press the A button to grab it. If you grab the hook attached to the chain, wiggle the right stick from left to right to remove the hook from the chain. Rotate the hook by holding the R and directional buttons so that the flat part of the hook is at the bottom. Bring this hook towards the center of the wooden board and press the A button to attach it.
- Then, Press the L button to aim the Ultrahand ability, aim at the wooden board with the hook, and press the A button to grab it. Bring the contraption towards the rail so that the hook is, well, hooked on the rail. Press the B button to cancel the ability, then quickly run towards and ride the wooden board. The hook will slide down the rail to bring Link across the gap.
- Finally, head up the stairs and approach the altar. Press the A button to examine then Link is given a Light of Blessing!
As mentioned, the Ukouh Shrine, or The Ability to Create, is one of four Shrines on the Great Sky Island. The other shrines are the In-isa Shrine, or The Ability Combine; the Gutanbac Shrine, or The Ability to Rise; and the Nachoyah Shrine, or The Ability to Rewind. That’s it for the Ukouh Shrine Guide Tears of the Kingdom!